Tuesday 19 March 2013

March 19th

Happy birthday Marg, I hope your day was a good one, you deserve the best.  On & off today she was getting lots of calls with birthday wishes, so if she missed yours, I hope you understand.  The weather certainly co-operated, I think I saw 88F on the car read out.
  I got up and went for an early dentist appointment.  Nothing too serious, mostly a check to make certain the healing process is going according to plan and an adjustment to the teeth.  They are great to deal with at the office.
  When I got back we went out to the Arizona Mills outlet mall.  It is the big one that we usually take visitors to, but usually Marg is too busy to shop for herself when we go like that.  Her wish for the day was to do some shopping there.  We had a nice lunch at the Rainforest Café.  After she got some really neat shoes as did I.  She also bought some stuff at Sax's 5th Ave, including 2 shirts for me.  I know, it was her birthday and I did have that conversation with her.  If I tried to explain, I would only mess it up, you just have to know Marg to understand.  I managed to read about 1/2 a pocket book while she beat the bushes for good deals.  It was a good day and by the time we got out of there it was around 3 or 3:30, just in time to beat the rush hour traffic.
  We stopped at Costco for gas & then Fry's for some baking treats.  We were expecting the Canuel's for bingo and they usually stay for coffee after.  When we got back to the rv park, a group of gals stopped by to sing happy birthday to Marg, pretty cute.  Then it was happy hour and when we got there again the gals there sang happy birthday to her.
  A quick bite to eat [sushi] and Gerry & Deb were here with Gerry's sisters: Joanne & Debbie.  They are here for a couple of weeks and they all came to play bingo.  The super ball prize is getting large, so the bingo's are well attended now.  Anyway there were winners at our table, but none in our group.  At the start of the bingo, the caller announced a pause to recognize a special birthday, but never singled Marg out until everyone was clamoring for him to tell them who.  She got a nice round of applause there and had to stand to be recognized.  It seems she is the more popular member of this marriage.  LOL
  After the Canuel's came to the rv where we had a lunch snack and then cheese cake and apple pie with coffee.  It was a hit with everyone, no surprise that Marg's entertaining was a hit, now is it?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a pretty fun birthday if you ask me.... So glad she enjoyed it.... Just wish the Bingo Gids had smiled down on you and given you a win.... happy Burthday Mom... Live you xxxx

    ReplyDelete