Monday 18 March 2013

March 18th

Another Gourlay birthday to celebrate today, a milestone birthday for Jim.  Hope you had a good day.
  What a nice day, sunny but not too hot.  I think it got to about 85F/30C today.  Ordinarily I would think that was hot, but must be getting accustomed to this weather.
  It was an early start for Marg today.  The gamblin' gals were a tad early and were out front of the motorhome blowing the horn while she was still getting dressed.  It was a trip to the Fort for them where they play bingo and some slots.  I guess she was close, but that only counts in horseshoes and nuclear war.  Anyway they had lots of laughs starting with her not being dressed and all through the day.  I think there were 4 of them today and they met up with a couple of others from the park.  The jinx must be on the Carefree crowd, as no one required an armored car to bring their winnings home.  LOL
  I did some running around this AM after breakfast.  Then I went and watched Jerry Binger with his squirrel problem.  Seems they had a strong odor in the park model with the very hot weather, so pulled some of the skirting off.  It appears one died under his unit and as Proulx's can testify, anything dead leaves a bit of an aroma.  It doesn't take much to be the talk of the rv park, so that was today's hot topic.
  I went golfing with Gerry Canuel at Encanto today.  We had a tee time for 2:08, but went early because Monday is rarely busy.  The rates change at 2PM and are reduced by about $12 per player, so we book then and show up early.  The guy sent us right out, so we were on the first tee at 1:05 and played as a twosome.  The course played fast today and we were done at 4:25, 3 hours 20 minutes for 18 is about as quick as I have ever seen.  Had a great front 9, I scored 42 with 3 pars.  As usual the wheels fell off on the back 9 and I was 52; so 94, a very good total for yours truly.  I think Gerry was 92, 44/48.  Pretty funny on #3, a couple of ganders were hissing at us and trying to chase us away.  Then on #6, all the turtles were lined up waving, it seems they were really pleased with the quality of ball I hit in their pond last week and were looking for another.  Sure felt bad to disappoint them - NOT!  I'm not saying it was hot, but I did drink 4 bottles of water on the course today.  The only bad news was on the return trip, I was in the midst of rush hour most of the way back.  In fact I was stopped dead on the #51 twice and then 10 mph around Tempe where the #101 connects with the 202 loop, but the rest was 60 - 70 mph, so it only took about 45 minutes.
  When I got back Marg was already on the patio having a cool drink.  Then it was supper time, some of the left over corned beef & cabbage & a cold beer waiting for me.  It was still good the second day; mind you I would say that about a meal like that any day of the week.  One of may fav's.
  Some people in the park had their children in for a visit and invited a bunch over to hear one of their guests who was quite a musician.  Kenny played rhythm on his guitar with the guy and about 15 or 20 sat around to take in the entertainment.  A nice way to end the day.
  Will be spending quality time with Marg tomorrow as it is a big birthday for her; one that will mark the start of a new monthly pay cheque.
 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you both enjoyed your day... Hope Mom has a wonderful birthday today.... Wish we were there xxx

    ReplyDelete