Wednesday 14 March 2012

Wednesday, Marcg 14th

Early morning start & went golfing with Wayne, Gerry & Pat from the park here road with us. Took the truck, lots of room for 4 adults and their clubs. Pretty cool truck, it has the new 5 cylinder motor and has lots of jam. Have not heard about the car & am getting a little anxious. Oh yeh, the golf report. Well had great weather and lots of laughs. For all you Albertans in the midst of a spring snow storm, I saw a snowman here. It was on my scorecard after the 3rd hole, argghhh! Wayne won the long putt today & was very happy with that. I had an average game, for me that is like someone playing for the first time, LOL. Came back to the rv park and found out that our neighbour Bud got his jeep back. Turns out it was a broken wire on the alternator & Val, an accountant in the park located and fixed it after it had been in the shop for a week and a half. When he told me that I said, forget them mechanics, all you need is a good accountant. Hah! That story made it's way around the park in record time. We don't need a newspaper here, just tell someone & everyone will know within an hour. For lunch we went to the new restaraunt Marg found the other day with the pedicure ladies. As it turned out, it's call Hackers, oddly enough fitting for the way my morning went, LOL. The food was great, our guests loved it and even want to go back. Not sure if I want to go back to hacking, LOL. I had a rueben, it was good and Marg had a shrimp basket. Some unique stuff & ways of doing things. When you leave they give you a new drink; whatever you had only to go. In the afternoon we played some cards with the Canuels. Golf, again, are they rubbing this in now - I didn't play any better than the morning golf game? Played kings down as well, I think I was last in one & 2nd last in the other. The only good thing was we weren't playing for money. Good thing none of the Smith's were here to see me go down to defeat in Kdown. Supper was in the rec hall, hamburger night and the Canuels came with us. They really do a good job on these burgers and our guests were impressed. I think Wayne & Martha are eager to get into this park for a month or so next winter. Sat with Kenny & Doris & Kenny gave me a hard time about driving a truck now & whether I was going farming. Geez even after I gave him & Doris a beer at supper, so I told him I was going out to Kansas to check it out, that's where they are from. Dorothy you're not in Kansas anymore - must figure out a way to work that line on him. No poker tonight [I'll miss the $$], went over to Gerry & Deb's condo in Phoenix. They wanted to get their dishwasher out as they are getting a new one tomorrow. I fiddled with it a bit, someone did an awful job installing it. After a few minutes it was running & they were discussing whether to try and cancel the new one or what the options were. It was really funny because the girls drove in Debs car and us guys went in the truck a bit later. When they were hand washing the dishes, Marg said something like - you never know, Dave might just fix it. Everyone got a laugh out of it, I should have repeated the line about - all you need is a good accountant. I crack myself up, LOL. Well that's it for today, stay tuned - Ides of March tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day, I put a new governor ony mower today and it is just humming. You would think an Accountant had given it the once over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your having fun and being a good sport. I always wondered if being a bean counter kept you good at fixing things.....

    ReplyDelete