Tuesday 13 March 2012

Tuesday, March 13th

What a great day, the sun shone and it was hot, 85F was the highest I saw on the thermometer.
Got up early and took the car in for a service. I have a vibration on acceleration and am a bit concerned so took it to the Chevrolet dealer. Down here the GM & Chev dealers are distinctly different. Anyway they had it all day and at the end called to say they needed to keep it over until tomorrow. The service was very good so far: the dealer is by the big mall in Mesa and they drove me home, then when they called to say they were keeping it, they sent the driver to pick me up. I had told the rep that I would need my golf clubs, so he had them and the golf sandals in his office when we pulled up. He also had a voucher to the car rental and the driver took me over where I got a truck to use, Chevy Cheyenne.
Marg went to a pedicure and then lunch with a couple other ladies. Neither had ever had a pedicure before and they had a ball. Lunch was a place we had not been before and she said it was great. I was going to put a picture of her manicured toes on but, didn't want to risk getting slapped. Hah!
When we got back from the dealership, we stopped for supper and then some bottled water. Surprise, surprise - when we got back to the rv, the Canuels were here. Gerry & Debby were supposed to come over: she for bingo, he to play pool & that was expected. What was not was that Wayne & Martha had flown back after a brief stay at home and are here for another 10 days. They enjoyed themselves so much when they were here that they wanted to come back for a few days and be here on our birthdays. God bless them! We were going to be busy this week, but I think we just got a lot busier. LOL Marg had coffee and some delicious cake to wrap up the evening.
Must get to bed early as I have to go for turf inspection tomorrow bright & early.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful surprise ! That's sure to make your birthdays all the more special. Happy retirement anniversary... I bet you don't even recall what it was like having a job to go to everyday like the rest of us poor souls. Hope you get your parcels in time... I am panicking ! Sounds like great service on the car... Enjoy the golf in the morning and bring home the bacon on that longest putt! I want to see those toe nails. X

    ReplyDelete