Sunday 5 February 2012

Sunny Sunday

Got in an early morning bike ride up to Idaho & back. It was windy on top of being up hill both ways today, so I was really puffing when I got back. Road trip after that. Marg & I got off early and went to the outlet stores at Arizona Mills. As usual, I missed the turn from the freeway, but we managed to get there, while the gps unit stayed in the trunk. As we were leaving she said - if Bill & Patti come, she would love this place. I must confess there were some impressive deals. The Nieman Marcus store had a last chance store and in it were some deep discounts on dining room chairs at $2,200 each. Needless to say we could hardly wait to get them wrapped up - NOT! Who shops at NM anyway? All of the other stores were great, though. She got some hot deals in other designer stores, oh yeh she did buy a shirt in NM. Patti, you can count on a trip to Az Mills when you get here. The only complaint I have is that they need more seating in the mall. I always take a pocket book along while she shops & spend most of my time outside the stores, although this time I got a couple of golf shirts. We got back to Carefree in time for the Super Bowl party in the rec hall. I had agreed to help Ron sell the squares for a raffle on the scores. As it turned out Marg won on a 3rd quarter score and some of the guys thought the fix was in. It I'm going to fix a pool, it will be for a lot more that $12.50. LOL! At half time we had ice cream & banana splits, so had a decent crowd in there tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Erm not sure how much good that GPS will be in te boot, hate to state the obvious...

    ReplyDelete