Monday 6 February 2012

Monday, Feb 6th

Got off to an early bike ride this AM, went for a ride almost double my normal. It crossed my mind that perhaps we should have the paramedics with the crash cart on hand in the park for my return - LOL. Marg did a major cleaning today, can't really call it house cleaning; coach cleaning I guess. I went and helped Almyra put some new wheels on her kitchen chairs. She's one of Marg's friends and is on her own. Sometimes you need a man around, come ladies, admit it! After lunch I played pool. The guys I played with today were a good bunch, but I think their family crest might be a pirate flag. I'm not sure how many times I was on a winning or losing team, but it was fun. For supper tonight, the tenants association provided free hot dogs. Everyone brought a pot luck dish to make it a supper. We normally don't do pot luck, but took a chance tonight. Marg contributed a coleslaw & a nachos & dip thingeee. I took beer, which was the right accompany-ment with my meal. It was a pleasant surprise, really good and we sat with some of our regulars as well as some new people. A funny thing group dynamics in rv parks. On one hand you are always tempted to sit with your group of friends, but on the other hand it's nice to be open to new arrivals. We've gone to places or events where there tend to be established groups & it's hard to fit in. Most of the people in this park are pretty good about making an effort to make new people feel welcome. In fact, the friendly nature or the residents is probably the most common comment of new people After supper we went for a walk with Kenny & Doris to see how the reno's in their park model are coming along. The place is looking pretty good. They have offered us the use of it when Bill & Patti get here on the 24th, which is nice of them.

2 comments:

  1. ooooohhhh... exciting to have a date for Bill & Patty's visit. bet you can't wait! Will try and ring the Birthday boy tomorrow. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we are very excited about them coming,wish it was for longer as alot to get in and only a few days to do it.

    ReplyDelete