Wednesday 12 January 2011

Wash day

It was wash day for us. Marg washed the laundry & I washed the motorhome. I have this long extendable brush that connects to a hose & managed to get myself just as wet as the rv. Lots of offers of more work from the other residents as they passed by. After the sides, I had to do the windows all over because they were streaked. I just use vinegar & water, trying to save the planet for my grandchildren, just like we try not to use plastic bags. ;>) By the time Marg steamed the laundry [she doesn't use an iron anymore], the unit was like a spa inside. Finished in time for so I was able to play a couple of games of pool. Funny thing about 8-ball, everywhere you go the rules are slightly different. I only mention this because we had a new player from Nebraska & he started arguing a rule over a scratch with our local expert [Mike] on the subject. It was much to do about nothing, but annoying, just someone's compelling need to be right. One of our neighbours, Norm bought a car yesterday. It's a 1991 Ford Crown Vic, it's in very nice shape & runs like a top. He is planning on taking it back to Michigan to re-sell, thinks he can make money on it. I tend to agree, he only paid $300 for it. Marg went to bingo last night & although she never won, she was able to get current on all the park gossip. Lots of talk in the park about the tragedy in Tucson & Obama going there. Tucson is about 2 or 3 hours south of here, very close to where Trouts are this winter. Under different circumstances we would probably go to get a look at the Obamas, but this isn't it. Been trying to get Marg to write this blog to get here perspective, but she claims I am the one with lots to say - Hah!

1 comment:

  1. Good on you saving the planet... That should balance the carbon footprint of your V10 x

    ReplyDelete