Wednesday 29 December 2010

St George again

Well we are in St G again today because of the weather. That storm we are on the edge of is dumped rain on us all day today, but is supposed to let up tomorrow. Could be worse, we just heard from the Trouts & they are held up in Helena by the blizzard, expecting 2 feet of snow and hopeful they can travel tomorrow. If you look at the US weather on the web, you will see there were only 5 of the 52 states that did not get snow today. In Arizona it was only in the high elevations. We are competative about bad weather though, so when anyone complains we just say -- this is nothing, you should see what it's like where we come from. Reminds of the old saying - I felt bad because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet. Went shopping to the outlet mall here & Marg did her thing to support the local economy. In fairness, the sales were pretty incredible. 50% was the least discount off retail we saw and 85% was the greatest & she does love a sale. Let me see we went to: Eddie Bauer, Izod, Avenue, Cowboys & Indians, etc, etc. On the way I found a book store and bought a couple of dusters. The guy had never heard that term before, but when I said westerns, was able to point me in the right direction. For supper went out to a buffet that was very good, it was BBQ nite. The name - wait for it - Chuck-a-rama. Are you on the floor laughing yet, well it really was good.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are supporting the local economy... we did a bit of that ourselves today. Anna and Craig took Katy for dinner and a 3D movie... and Phil and I went in search of some sales and good food. Happy to report, I found two new tops (thanks for the Christmas dosh.. as I used a small protion of it - thanks to the sales) ... one I will be wearing for bringing the new year in tomorrow... and then while we didn't find a buffet as aptly named as yours... we did manage to have a lovely meal at Jamie Oliver's new Italian restaurant in Brum. You will have to check out my fb piccys as the food was so amazing.. I thought it was a kodak moment... IT WAS AMAZING! x

    ReplyDelete