Wednesday 19 February 2020

Wednesday, Feb 19th

What a beautiful day, sunny and hot.  It was warming by the time golf started this morning and the temp must have reached the high 70's today.
  Gerry came for the game and drove today.  Traffic must have been light as he got here very early.  We left shortly after he got here, so were the first ones at the course this morning.  It gave us some time to putt and chip before heading out.  Our organizer sent us out in the first group, a position we enjoy.  The course was not crowded, but there was a women's group a couple holes ahead when we went out and we never caught up to them until the 4th hole.  It was a fun group and my game was much better than last week.  Both Gerry and I just missed out on the long putt.  I heard later that it was not won, so a carry-over for next week. 
  Marg did the banking and some cleaning this morning.  She keeps both of these up, a practice that is so important with credit cards especially being away from home.  When I got home we had a bite of lunch and then she drove me to play pool.  She got waylaid on her tour around the park and stopped in at one or two places for a visit.  I started out going to get a guy [from Iowa] from his place who likes to play as the pool room was empty, but before we got very far into the game we had two more players and a second table was going.
  Marg had lots of company today, visitors every time I saw her.  Mostly it was a couple of her friends who walk dogs that stopped in for a long conversation.  Not certain what all they talk about, but she is a lot better informed on what is going on here than I am.  There are always things going on in the park, some are quite controversial.  I only know this because every so often she even tells me some tidbit.
  Happy hour was at Lynett's place and there was a nice number there.  After happy it was hamburgers in the clubhouse for supper.  Everyone goes early for things like this, so with the group at happy about a dozen of us were close to last in the line for burgers.  There was a big crowd for burgers tonight.  The crew thought it was the biggest they have served.
  Got to poker and there we only one table tonight with 7 of us.  I played for 1 1/2 hours before winning my first hand.  I did win a few more and came back a long way from where I was.  A good group today and we had a few laughs.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the golf is going well... take advantage as often as you can as it maybe a while before you play at home .. sounds like a good day all and all x

    ReplyDelete