Tuesday 18 February 2020

Tuesday, February 18rh

A gorgeous day in the valley, reaching 79 F or 26 C around noon.  It seems the really cold winter weather is behind us now,
  We slept in a bit, I think I was up around 7.  After a bite to eat we went to a 9 o'clock meeting.  The entertainment committee met with the pub & games night group.  Malcolm explained how the night will unfold on Friday and the entertainment group are doing some of the decoration as well as arranging for snacks on the tables.  There are a few new activities, but the darts that I will be looking after again will be pretty much the same.  After that was over Marg stayed behind to continue with the entertainment group, while I went home.
  I put the information from the poster on the association FB site.  After I scanned it, I had to put it back where it had been posted.  When Marg got back we went out for a few things we will be needing for Friday as well as other commitments, finding them at the dollar store.  Then it was on to Safeway for groceries, laundry supplies, the stuff we constantly need and seem to run out of.  We went through a lot of TP when the kids were here, not certain what that says about our grandchildren.  LOL  Oh yes Marg picked up a couple of chicken pot pies that made for an excellent lunch.
  After lunch Marg made a potato salad for our supper.  I guess it was the summer like weather, as we often have that during the summer.  She wanted to hang around as our purchasers were going to see if they could arrange to get together with us.  The work different shifts, so seem to have scheduling challenges.  Anyway it never happened, but she did get some housework done.  I had vacuumed right after lunch, so she washed the floors, stuff like that.
  I went to play pool.  There was only one table today, fortunately there were only 3 players so I got to play right away.  The competition was pretty fierce today.  In some the games a person never got a lot of turns before they were over.  When Daniel played the Az version of 8 ball on Sunday after ice cream, he started out not being too sure about it. When he finished he said he thought it was a good format.  The guys I played with today were good, but even they complained about shooting after me, I told them that was a compliment.  I'm making it sound better than it was, but I was on a losing team more than on the winners.
  When I got home we loaded up and went to happy hour.  There were lots of women at happy but only a half dozen guys.  Not sure what they talked about, but it was a bunch of stuff.  The guys talked about guns.  It all started when Kenny was telling me Daniel had gone to his place to see his pistols.  After checking them out, Kenny had told him we could go out to the desert if I was OK with it.  When Daniel told me it sounded a little different, but similar. 
  Supper tonight was bbq accompanied by the potato salad and some brussel sprouts.  All very nice.  It as a bit hurried as Marg had to be at bingo by 6.  The bingo crowd was a bit smaller tonight.  For our group it was the old close, but no winner story.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Was lovely catching up with you guys today... you sure keep busy x

    ReplyDelete