Saturday 1 February 2020

Saturday, February 1st

Can't believe January has come and gone.  Time seems to pass so quickly, probably a result of how busy we are here in AJ.  Today was one of the nicest since we have been here.  The morning is always cool in the winter but the day warmed quickly and peaked around 75 F or about 24 C.  Definitely shorts and tees weather, even for me.   It had an effect on the park, the majority of folks seemed to be gone I can only assume for some outdoor activities.
  We were up and about fairly early, but I never went for breakfast today.  This year I haven't been going very often, no particular reason, just not as keen on it I guess.  Early in the morning I went out on the golf cart for a few errands.  I had garbage & recycle to dispose of in the bins.  Then I went to the other side of the park where I returned a folding chair that was left at our place after happy last evening.  I pretty much knew where it belonged as we had 14 or 16 of our own put out, so there were only a few people who used their own chairs.  While I was over there I stopped to check in with a couple from Red Deer.  He is our leader in the morning bicycle ride and has invited us to his Super Bowl party Sunday.  I wanted to share some info on the Snowbird event in February and to check and see if he needed anything or any help.
  When I got back Marg had visitors.  The lady next door has an amazing lemon tree and it seems to be getting damage to the bark from some kind of pest.  I googled it and there are quite a few possibilities. The couple across the road put a wire screen around it to keep anything large away and the guy whose chair I returned put a life catch trap out there.  I offered her the use of our Aloe plant even though she has one, as the google post indicated aloe was would speed healing on the tree and if some Cayenne was sprinkled on the aloe it would stop the pests from chewing on it.  It's such a nice tree and she is so generous with the lemons that everyone is concerned.
  Marg was doing a load of laundry, so we waited until it finished.  She likes to do laundry on nice days as the drying time is very short and rain is forecast for Monday.  That done we went out to Walmart.  We have some pictures we wanted to develop for a lady in the park and Walmart is cheaper than doing them on our own printer..  I get so many that I post on facebook, but she is not able to see them.  She has a mental challenge, so we just wanted to do something for her.  Marg bought a frame and one of the pictures is of her and her father dancing at the Luau the other day.
  When we got back Marg did her other load of laundry.  I put some price stickers on some of the stuff we will be putting out for sale on Friday.  A bunch of stuff I picked up at yard sales around here that I already have at home and at the lake.  It's a dilemma as much of it is good stuff that I got at a good price, but would not be needed at home.  The dilemma is sell it to get rid of it or try and get about half of what its worth.  Anything we don't sell or give away we will likely just leave in the place and although this is too early for us to do this it will be our only opportunity.
  Lunch today was much of the finger food left from happy yesterday.  It was a nice change and there was certainly lots of it.  In fact a little too much bean dip that was an issue in the afternoon.
  After lunch I went to shoot some stick.  Marg finished the laundry, you know the steaming and folding part.  She also made our supper in the slow cooker, a nice combination of pork chops, potatoes and vegetables.  I played at a couple of different tables and both were challenging games.  Lots of laughs today, a good bunch of guys.
  No happy hour today, just supper and some relaxing time.

2 comments: