Wednesday 6 March 2019

Wednesday, March 6th

Another gorgeous day, but the weather here can be very changeable.  It was warm this morning, but the clouds came up for a while and it looked like it might rain.  When the clouds covered the sun, I put a light jacket in my golf bag on, then it when it passed and was hot again had to take it off 2 holes later.
  I went with the group from the park for golf and as usual Gerry came for it.  My game was no where near last week, but on a positive note, I never lost a ball.  That's not always good, because sometimes it means I didn't hit it very far.  LOL  At the start before the first group went off, one of the ladies in the park did a presentation to Teri who organizes out group including selecting the foursomes.  We gave her a thank you card and a round of golf.  For some of our group this was their last round with us, in fact it was for Gerry as they are going home for a couple of weeks.  Deb's mother was in a bad car accident so they are flying returning at the end of March, then will be here until the end of April.  I hope to get in one more round with him, but we'll see.
  Marg went with the gamblin' gals to the Fort today.  One of them had a smaller win, but for Marg it was close but no cigar.  On the double daub, she was one number on 6 different cards, but alas success eluded her.  They did have fun, but she is a little down on it now, so we will see how it goes when the call comes to go next week.
  When I returned I worked on the golf cart brakes.  I was seriously thinking of chucking the brake shoes and getting new ones.  When I got the first wheel drum off I discovered a loose keeper spring but needed a fibre washer to tighten it up and reduce the vibration.  A trip to True Value hardware for washers and some grit paper or steel wool.  Then on to O'Reilly's for a pair of snap ring pliers.  I opted to put a neoprene washer on the retaining spring and used the grit paper [much like Emery paper] to take the glaze off the shoes on both wheels and take the polish off both wheel drums.  This took most of the afternoon, finishing around 3:30.  I took the cart down to the gate and left it behind Smitty's place with the key in it, knowing Marg couldn't miss it, then went to happy.
  When Marg got to the park and Cindy dropped them at the gate she and Lynett figured it out and were able to use it for the ride home.  Well we are at the far end of the park after all.  Meanwhile I was at the place of a fellow Canuck who was hosting today.  There were lots of folks there today, with the weather being so nice.
  I left happy early and I think most people did as it was hamburgers tonight.  Gary's burgers are always popular and today was no exception.  It starts at 5 and by 4:30 is lined up out the door.  We had friends who were there early and saved us seats, seats today were at a premium, so we gave ours up quickly after eating rather than visit for a while after.
  It was poker night and I played with a bit of a different group tonight.  It was fun, but pretty much like golf today.  I was close to break even, so that is good.  We had a new player tonight, first time out with our group.  He seemed to know his way around the table as he won more pots than I did.  It's a bit of an adjustment for most people as we play dealers choice without limits, so some crazy games.

1 comment:

  1. Charlene Smith6 March 2019 at 23:12

    Sorry to hear about Debs Mom, hope she is alright. I know how much you enjoy golfing with Jerry.. was great when we went out with him on Phils bday while we were there. x

    ReplyDelete