Tuesday 19 March 2019

Tuesday, March 19th

Happy birthday Marg, it was nice to see you having such a fun day.
  The weather today was hot, I saw it in Celsius on the truck read-out at 28 C, but I think it got a bit higher as the weather said 86 and that would have been 30 C.  Not much of a breeze, just enough to keep it pleasant.
  In the morning Marg did a load of laundry, it was perfect weather for drying.  She had lots of visitors and congratulatory messages on FB today [something like a hundred].  Also a facetime with Char & Katie.  Just before lunch time her friend Linda stopped by and told her to change as she was taking her for lunch, no discussion.  It was a bit of a surprise, but I knew yesterday when Linda asked me about my plans for today and told me they were doing lunch.  Anyway when Marg got to the SUV, there were 5 ladies and they kidnapped her for lunch.  Marg said later that it made her a bit emotional seeing them all there.  They went to the Olive Garden and had a very good time.  It was all gals in the park that she really has fun with. Linda bought her lunch and a lime margarita. Apparently it came with an Amaretto to be poured in when she drank it.  She said it was very good, very different and it doubled up the alcohol, so she was feeling it.
  We never rode this morning as everyone seemed to have commitments, so I did some work around here.  I sprayed for weeds.  There are a few poking through after the recent rains and they can really get away on you here, if you don't spray.  I put some trim back on the bedroom floor piece I replaced earlier.  I left the trim off until I saw it blended in with the existing floor, both for color and fit.  I swept the stones from the road out front.  You have to be here to see any value in it, I guess.  Then I had a bite to eat as I didn't feel good about asking her to make me a sandwich for lunch before leaving with the girls.  Now that is a considerate guy, what? LOL
    I hung around as I thought we were going for a little retail therapy when Marg got back.  It was a bit of a long lunch and Olive Garden is quite a ways from here.  When she got back that never happened as she had just been down by Superstition Mall with the gals.  In fact she went to get an ice coffee from the fridge and we chill-axed for the afternoon.  Well it was hot anyway.  Oh yeh I went and played pool for an hour.
  By then it was happy hour, so we went down the block until we found it.  It was nice today, a smaller group.  It was at Jim & Beth's and he wanted to show me the shed he is building on their new place [they are moving for next year from a 5th wheel to a park model].  As it turns out he seemed to be looking for a bit of assistance, so I may have a job for a few hours tomorrow.  I hope that's all as I am golfing in the morning and probably on Thursday.
  Supper tonight was at the Village Inn.  Marg wanted to play bingo in the park, so it had to be close by.  She had an amazing salad, about half of which came home so she is set for tomorrow.  I had a cod fish sandwich and it was very good.  We finished up in good time, so made the bingo with time to spare.  The caller was Rita and when she called the money ball, said to Marg in front of the group that this was for her.  A bit later in the bingo when she called the money ball, she apologized to Marg saying it kept coming out too early.  Pretty funny.  No winners tonight but we had fun.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Mom, glad you had a fun day... shame you didn’t win the gas money hole
    At Bingo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice birthday. Glad you had fun. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Marg! Glad you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete