Saturday 12 January 2019

Saturday, Jan 12th

  A sunny day in the valley, but we got up a bit late, so I missed out on the hall breakfast.  Marg has not been feeling up to par [she has a cold], so rather than wake her with showering and getting dressed, I had cereal and yogurt here.
  When we got mobile we went out to a park wide patio sale at a large park where we seem to hit their big sale every year.  Marg never found anything, but I got a skill saw.  It's a bit larger, the guy said it was heavy duty and a contractor grade.  He had a smaller one as well, but there was only $10 difference in the two.  I have one, but there is a problem with it and I had been looing for a replacement.  I also got a nice butcher knife.  It's a bit larger than any that we have here and it was at the hall sale that is run by a ladies group in the park, so the old gal sold it for 50 cents.  When we got back I sharpened it up and I think it is the deal of the day.
  We went back to our place for lunch and Marg had some laundry in process that she wanted to get back to deal with.  After lunch the laundry was going to take a while, so I went to play pool for a while.  There was only one guy there and he is one who beats me regularly, although it was the first time I played him one on one.  We had very good games and he said he thought it was even, but I am pretty certain he was a couple of games up on me.
  When I got back to our place we went back out.  I was surprised to see the people I had picked up at the airport had left a case of beer and a card with a gift card to Appleby's.  We have been looking for a stand that will handle the computer and printer, so I don't have to drag the printer out of the closet when I need it.  It also has to be flexible enough that I can use the scanner where it is.  We checked out a couple of the thrift type shops around here, but no luck, so will continue the search next week.
  While we were out, Marg had sent a text to Lynett  asking if they wanted to come to our place rather than go to the large happy hour in the park.  We are hearing more people complain about the size of the group at happy and starting to opt out.  Her thinking was Lynett with her daughter, grandson and his wife might prefer something quieter as they had been to the large happy hour Thursday and Friday.
  We never heard back, but when we got home they were are our place.  They are leaving in the morning, so it was a nice chance to get to know them a bit better.  They got to see the building inspector plaque his grandfather made for me when we renovated this place.  One funny thing was Marg passed around some of her baking and they had never had a butter tart.
  Supper was at home tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry
    To hear Mom has a cold... feel better soon xx

    ReplyDelete