Friday 11 January 2019

Friday, Jan 11th

  Another cool day, well it started that way, but we were in shirt sleeves when the sun made its presence felt.
  Marg went with the gamblin' gals to the Fort.  There were only 3 of them this morning, but they were keen.  One or two of the regulars were missing as a result of other commitments and Friday not being their regular day.  The crowd wasn't too bad in the morning, but got busy later in the afternoon.  There were no winners in the group, although Marg waited on one number several times for something like $600, once the number was in the monitor.  They were not quite as jovial on their return.
  I went out for a bit to pick up some stuff at Fry's.  I wanted oranges as Marg is looking for vitamin C and when we eat lots of them it seems to work.  Half of the place has sniffles as a result of the pollens and various other sinus issues and we don't seem to be immune to it.  I also picked up some pico de gallo and a fiesta dip for nachos to put out at the happy hour later on.  I stopped in at an estate sale, but it was just old junk, nothing good.  I am looking for a table or unit that I could put the computer printer on a shelf and the computer itself on.
  When I got back I wanted to look under the trailer as it seems there is a damp smell.  I pulled off a section of the skirting at  the west side and the dirt was still damp in places. It happens when it rains very hard here and that was the case last week.  I had to make a trip to the RV salvage yard to get some ventilated panels for the skirting.  Luckily they had two, so I bought both and installed them.  A small repair but it took a lot of time.  Fingers crossed it will be the solution as my next option is to put more ventilation of one of the other sides and I'm not sure where I would get them.
  After a bite to eat I went to play pool.  There are a lot more players in the park now, so had a good group to play with.  In fact all 3 tables were busy today, a first for this year and there are other players in the park who were not out today.  I had to quit by 3 to organize our carport for the happy hour today.  I stopped by the gate to leave the cart there for her to get home with.  While I was there I chatted Smitty and he showed me some of the sticks I brought him.  He has the start of some great canes or walking sticks with the diamond willow.  He really knows how to get the best out of them and is quite excited about a few. 
  Not that it took a lot of organizing, but I took the truck out and parked it on the road outside the park, organized the chairs, got out my propane fire pit and opened a beer.  Marg had said to leave the snack part for her and she showed up minutes after 4, so just as people were arriving.  She had lots of chips and tortilla chips she put out with salsa, and the other two things I bought this morning.  It must have been good as it got eaten up pretty quick.
  We had plans to go out for supper with the Blanke's after.  A couple from Ontario just got in today and were at loose ends for supper so she asked them to join us.  Good thing the truck seats 6.  Appleby's was our choice and we all opted for the two can dine for $25 with an appie included.  Everyone but the designated driver had a drink, I had coffee.  How is that for a surprise ending?

2 comments:

  1. Yes a real twist in the tale. It sounds like you had earned a drink as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always thought Intook after Mom being the designated driver...

    ReplyDelete