Wednesday 5 December 2018

WEdnesday, Dec 5th

A nicer day today, even though the evening was chilly, the sun was out and it warmed very quickly.  Checked the trap, still nothing, but the marshmallows are intact.
  I went out with the group at Apache Sun this morning.  Gerry came from Phoenix, so he drove today.  The first hole was a bit difficult for me, a combination of the extra shirt / jacket and the heavy dew on the grass.  The ball had a rooster tail when it ran on the fairway.  We were a three some and teamed up with Gary who is normally a very good golfer.  I think it was more I was having a good day while they were having an average day.  LOL  Anyway I never lost a ball and carded a 41, which for me is about as good as it gets.  Gerry was only 44, but last week he had an amazing round so you know the story. It was a fun game.
  Marg went out to Fry's and got some amazing deals this morning on groceries.  In addition to the sale items, being the first Wednesday of the month seniors get an additional 10%.  She thought the bill would be over $200, but with the savings it was only $108.  One of the gamblin gals became a great grandmother yesterday, so Marg got a baby gift for her to take to Minnesota.  She also did laundry as it was a nice day and we are expecting some rain for a couple of days.  It was perfect drying weather which really helps with the process.  While waiting she also did banking for the receipts we have.  She checks them against the credit card or bank account to make sure everything is at it should be.  For the most part she doesn't find problems although it has happened that she has detected a problem.  A busy morning for her.
  We had a quick lunch and then I went to play pool.  She drove me there on the cart so she could get the mail.  Then she putzed around the house.  My pool game was above average today and even though I was playing two guys who normally give me lessons, I managed more wins than losses.  Just another fun time, I guess.  We had a nice face time with Charlene and Sophie.  She had lots to tell great grandma today.
  Happy hour was at Lynett's tonight.  It was well attended with people right out to the end of her driveway and a row of carts out front of her place.  It was really noisy, so hard to hold meaningful conversations, but the gals seemed to be doing better at it than the guys.  After happy it was supper, Marg made a kind of stir fry with chicken, vegetables and rice that she seasoned so it was very tasty.  We managed to have dessert with the peach cobbler again and as luck would have it there was ice cream to go on top.
  By then it was time for poker, so I went, we had 7 players tonight.  The game started out poorly for me, but gradually I started to get hands and win more.  There were at least 4 players who didn't fare well, but not sure who the winners were as everyone says they are close to even, makes you wonder what happened to all the money lost.  LOL  I did pretty well, my little bag was half full when I went but was bulging when I got home.  Just an all round great day for yours truly.

1 comment:

  1. Golf sounded like a total success.... thanks for the FaceTime. She was pretty excited as usual to chat with you xx

    ReplyDelete