Tuesday 4 December 2018

Tuesday, Dec 4th

A bit chilly this morning, but I went for a bike ride with one of the guys in the park.  Charlie normally likes a longer ride than I do, but the wind really made the ride more challenging today.  We made about 5 miles, which for me is about right.  I rode the Giant again today.  It certainly is a better ride than my original bike.  The gear changes are smoother and the patterns seem to be a better range.
  When I got back, I checked the trap, nothing caught, but we think it may be squirrels.  Marg was waiting to go to the Christmas tree set up & took the two decorations she had to put on, but she wanted me to write the names on them.  The idea is everyone will put a decoration on with their names & the year printed on them.  She had two large balls to put on, one for us and the other for the Johnsons as her friend Nancy sold out this year.
  When she got back we went to get fuel at the Chevron just up Ironwood.  We normally don't go there, but the Safeway points are redeemable there and Marg had 20 cents a gallon discount.  This brought the price down to 2.59/gallon or 68 cents/litre.  Knowing we had the discount we let the truck get low and put in $60 after about a $5 savings.  Then it was on to Walmart where we got a few things we needed.  There were some good deals, like the butter - 2 pounds for $5, the English muffins for $1 and the sink strainer for under $2 [the old one was leaking].
  When we got back home we had bacon and eggers with the back bacon & muffins we got at Walmart.  In the afternoon we cleaned house a bit.  Marg did some vacuuming and cleaned the kitchen sink, she wanted it to match the shiny new sink drain, I guess.  We both washed the bath tub and tub surround.  We don't have a hand held shower so it's a bit more work.  Something to think about, perhaps we should get one.  Anyway we got it scrubbed clean and the bathroom pretty much cleaned up.  After I did some sewing, I had to attached the strap on one of my pool cue cases and fix a pocket on one of my jackets.  I guess you would call it mending rather than sewing.
  Marg made a dish in the slow cooker for supper.  We knew it was going to be a bit hectic tonight so wanted something that would be quick.  We went to happy at Kenny & Doris' place, they had a big bunch today, must have been over a couple dozen.  It really gets noisy when the group gets that large.  Supper was the slow cooker dish which turned out excellent [well I thought so, Marg thought otherwise].  We also had a few leftover biscuits with it, they were still very good, not sure Marg agreed on that either.  For desert we had a dish of peach cobbler with ice cream.  It was really great, well Marg thought it could have been in the oven longer to warm it up.  LOL  I was happy.
  Then it was on to bingo.  When I bought the cards, I was undercharged, but they said one basic set of  cards was already paid for.  It seems Marg's friend wanted to pay her for the ride to the doctor yesterday, so she paid for her bingo.  Some people just don't know that thank you is enough I guess.  Pretty funny night as the caller was waiting for a phone call to tell her she had a great grandbaby born.  It happened about half way through the game and everyone applauded.  Then she got a second call and a few of us speculated on there being a second baby, but that was not it.  We got a laugh out of it anyway.  Marg was close all night, well Doris was too.  Lynett won 3 times I think.  Well I won on the final game but had to split with 2 other winners, so got $32.  Well we played for free and my streak is officially started.
 

1 comment: