Sunday 2 December 2018

Sunday, Dec 2nd

It was a cool day, I think we got close to 50F / 9C last night and they are forecasting we may get in the 40's this week during the night.  The daytime is still not cold, although I have been wearing a jacket on days like this.
  I went to the church service this morning.  The sermon was a message around the theme, a baby will change your life.  While it was about the Christmas story, it none the less made me think of the impact the numerous babies in my life have had on me.  No doubt this is same for us all.  Pastor Don had on a Christmas tie this morning, as it turns out it was the one I gave him.
  After Marg & I went out for a bit.  First stop was the convenience store where I was able to verify our Powerball & Mega Millions tickets were actually donations to a hopeless lottery.  Bit then I bought one for each on the next draw, with the optimistic belief that my luck is due to change.  I also verified we can use our Safeway fuel credits at that station.  We have 20 cents a gallon, so I plan to wait until I am running on fumes to get the maximum benefit.
  We then went to the big Mesa market where we discovered the place was not all that busy, something unusual on a Sunday.  We never found what we went for, but got a few things we fancied.  I picked up a cap, Marg got me an after shave [I must need to smell better], and we got a mouse pad.  On the way back we stopped at Popeye's for lunch.  Marg loves their chicken, I had a shrimp sandwich.  It's Louisiana kitchen, so it can be spicy, in fact the shrimp was.
  We had one more stop on the way home, still looking on our original quest.  Marg has been having problems with the remote for the truck when it's in her purse.  Quite often one of the buttons gets pushed and sometimes that unlocks the drivers door.  This can happen without her realizing it when she is in a store or away from the truck.  I think we finally found something that will work, it is a container she can put the remote in that prevents the buttons from being pushed.  We'll see.
  A bit of chillaxing back at home and then it was happy hour.  We normally don't go on Sunday but this was hosted by a couple who just got in a couple days ago.  She went to a lot of bother to make finger food and so not one we could beg off on.  It was worth it as the finger food was very good.  Instead of a beer, I took a whisky & water something else I seldom do.  By that time it was quite pleasant in the sun, but their lot is in the shade, so I didn't want a cold drink.
  Supper tonight was lighter fare as we had a large lunch and we had to save some of our appetite for the ice cream social tonight.  This was the first one of the season and with the weather we were concerned with turn-out.  We shouldn't have been the turnout was very good.  Marg had a dish of ice cream and cake, me just a banana split.  They must have been glad to see me as they really heaped the ice cream and toppings.  It was pretty much all I could handle, but it was good.

2 comments:

  1. Can't go wrong with ice cream. Good anytime! Good luck on the Powerball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw you got the tree up as well... thanks for the FaceTime.... the kids sure enjoyed it. xx

    ReplyDelete