Sunday 8 April 2018

Sumday, April 8th

Happy birthday Vanessa, it was nice having a facetime with you and we wish you the very best on your special day.
  Our last Sunday in Arizona this winter season, where has our time gone.  It was a hot hot day and the temp reached 90F / 32C if you recall from yesterday.  This is the level of heat that if we see it once or twice in a summer we all complain about it, but down here, it is just building up to what real heat is.
  Hey I finally figured out how to disable the mouse touch-pad today.  That thing has been the bane of my existence but the problem is solved.  I sometimes amaze myself as it was an easy solution, but has been driving me crazy for .... well 2 or 3 months.  Hey I used to have people to do this stuff, give me a break the learning curve is steep at this age.
  We did some more preparation stuff this morning, like packing a bit of stuff, putting other stuff away and generally trying to do what we can.  Marg did some laundry as it is one of those things that can be a problem by departure day if left to build up.  From past experience we know that the time to leave is suddenly upon us so everyday we need to do something.  One of the things I managed to do today was to put my poker money into it's special place.  I never take it home as I don't know how my luck will run next year.  I thought I had a tough year playing poker this year, but the crown royal bag would seem to contradict that.  LOL  I guess it is my nest egg or retirement fund for next season.
  Lunch was a sandwich at our unit as we need to eat up the groceries in the cupboards and fridge.  The refrigerated stuff is always a concern as it is either give away or throw away at the end.  In the afternoon Marg sliced and diced vegetables, parboiled small potatoes, fried chicken breasts and put it all together to be like a chicken pot pie, but with chicken breasts rather than small pieces.  The topping was a corn bread mix she made up and then put it in the bbq much like you would do with an oven.  Then she fried up some onions and perogy's for supper.  Desert was either cheesecake or coconut cream pie, both of which were very nice.
  The Smith's came for supper and it was nice, just the five of us.  It seems anyone named Smith likes Scotch whisky, so I gave them samples of about 6 different bottles I have and they really enjoyed that.  Well one bottle was the Irish whisky.  After all the sampling the Smith brothers both had a favourite Scotch, but what was really funny is they both came from Costco.  One was the 18 yr old single malt and the other was a single malt from the Tullibardine distillery.
  After supper we went down to say good by to friends who are leaving for Maine tomorrow.  They have weather challenges not unlike our own, so we wished them well.  There is another couple leaving either tomorrow or Tuesday for Grande Prairie, so we will see them off later.  Hopefully they will still be here when I get home from work tomorrow. It will be hot, so a tuff day to work.  LOL

1 comment:

  1. Can’t imagine trying to eat your way to an empty fridge the way mom sticks up lol. x

    ReplyDelete