Monday 9 April 2018

Monday, April 9th

Another gorgeous day.  It got up to about 95F in the sun in the late afternoon. 
  I went out to Encanto to play golf with Gerry C.  We got in 18 holes in right around 4 hours.  I had 3 bottles of water, 2 of them frozen last night to take, one large bottle of Gatorade.  I also had a cooling towel that I used extensively on the back nine.  It works great, either over the shoulders or wrapped around my neck.  The score was OK, but the highlight for me had to be on #12, a par 5 where I holed out a 40 foot chip to give me a birdie.  We played at 10AM when it was still pleasant and by shortly after noon we must have been up to 90 or better.
  Marg got all of her laundry caught up and then packed up pretty much all of our clothes.  She also got some of the kitchen stuff like spices and surplus groceries packed up today.  As a result when I got home we loaded it all in the truck, so we are about half loaded.  We still have a lot to do, but think we can get it done tomorrow.  If so we will be out of here on Wednesday and that will be our goal.  This is further complicated by Marg offering sticky buns tomorrow morning to several people for 10AM, not sure how that is going to work out, but we'll see.
  Supper tonight was bbq burgers.  These were huge patties and like ground roast. They were very tasty, but they took quite a while to cook on low heat.  Marg also put some fries in a tinfoil tray that I put on so we had burgers & fries.
  After supper we went out to Walmart to get a few last minute things to take home.  Then we went over to the Smith's for a schnapps, well it was moonshine actually.  Not just any shine, but really good stuff.  The maker finishes it off and it tastes for all the world like rye whiskey.  We had it on ice and it was very smooth.
  A bit of a ride around the park and that was it.

1 comment:

  1. Glad the golf towel did it’s job.... sounds like the departure date is moved up a day.... x

    ReplyDelete