Sunday 21 January 2018

Sunday

Brrr, it was cold last night and we slept with the covers pulled right up to our chins.  That cold front is supposed to last for 2 or 3 days.  On the weather reports they are getting snow in the high country and north of here in the mountains.  I think about 8 inches in one place.  How cold was it in the valley, well a few places had frost.
  I got up late and it worked out pretty good as Marg made me ham & eggs with hash browns for breakfast.  Those of you who know I enjoy breakfast will appreciate what a great start to my day that was.  After breakfast I took on a project in the cupboards.  I fixed it so the griddle can be hung up so it doesn't take so much room in the pots cupboard.  Then I made some small shelves in the spices cupboard so you can see what's in there.  I had some pieces of finished pine kicking about that were just the ticket for this project.  Anyway Marg was pretty happy with the outcome on both accounts.
  Marg did some house cleaning and after breakfast made a stew for tonight.  She put it in the slow cooker, so it pretty much percolated away all day.  She had all the veggies and some steak that she cut up for it.  She always uses very good cuts of meat for stew and it shows in the results.  No dumplings today though as she needs to make stew in the over for that to work out best.
  Took the opportunity to laze about for much of the day.  It was quite nice in the sun once it got up.  This is one of the nice things about our patio out back, even on a cooler day like today it is very warm back there in the sun.  We had a few visitors, one for gingerbread cookies another for copies of my photo's this year so far.  She wants to make a new CD to play them on the TV's in the hall during various events.
  Supper tonight was the stew and Marg made biscuits in the oven to have with it.  They were both very good, in fact the biscuits are almost as good as dumplings, but not quite.  She made a large pot, so offered a pot to Linda for their supper.  It was a big night for Minnesota in the NFL playoffs, so we were not sure if they had a house full to watch it.  It turned out to be just them, so I took a pot of stew over.  Gary was so appreciative that I had to stay for a beer with him.  Now that is gratitude! LOL
  Barely finished in time for ice cream social.  It was pretty well attended tonight as the group of "31" players is quite large now and they come for ice cream.  In fact the social has been moved up 15 minutes to accommodate them, I guess they are keen to get right at it.
 

1 comment: