Thursday 25 January 2018

Robbie Burns Day, 2018

A toast to the immortal bard, Robbie Burns, I salute your memory with a dram tonight.
  It was a beautiful day in Apache Junction, the kind of weather we are here for and came to enjoy.  I think it was in the 70's and very nice in the sun.
  It was Marg's day to go to the Fort with the Gamblin' Gals, there were 6 of them today, so a regular pilgrimage.  I offered to drive in case they had a room problem, but it seems they worked it out.  As usual they were on the road at 9:30, returning shortly after 4:00.  The day went well and one of them returned a big winner from the bingo & she was smiling and doing the happy dance when she saw I had the golf cart waiting for her so she could ride back to our place.  Marg had been in the break-even category until now and won $300 today simply by yelling "Bingo", so was a happy gal today!
  I went to the coffee klatch this morning and it was well attended.  In fact it was too well attended.  Our table was drawn last to go for donuts, so I held back checking out what was left as the pickings get pretty slim at the end.  Well that is exactly what happened, so rather than get a donut I didn't care for I passed and just had coffee.  It was so well attended, I could not sit with the regular bunch, so ended up at a table with mostly Canucks for a change.  They are from BC, but I don't hold that against them.  LOL  It turned out to be fortunate as I got to discuss some FB postings with Malcolm who produces much of the hand outs and posters.
   I posted the events using the information I got at coffee earlier.  There were a couple of them plus some pictures from a past event that I added to the site.  Earlier I had some problems posting the files that Malcolm sent me, so I just scanned the posters as that seems to be the easiest.
   After a bite of lunch [hand made by yours truly], I went out to wash the truck.  For here it was dirty, but back in GP I probably would not have bothered.  I even washed the box inside so when guys go golfing with me I won't be embarrassed to put their clubs in the back.  I spent quite a bit of time spraying on the clear rinse as the water speckles so bad here and it seems to have paid off.  It was a good deal, I spent $6 and sprayed the truck & box interior with soap, washed it with the brush, rinsed it and still had 5 minutes to spray it all over a few times with the rinse agent, ending up with a good job.  When I got back I did the windows and mirrors again with vinegar and water as well as wiped down the interior.
  I washed some windows and wiped down the awnings.  We get a fair amount of wind off the mountains here and consequently dust.  Then I cleaned up the battery charger for the cart. It must have had something spilled on it from the previous owner so before it got baked on, wanted to get rid of it.  While I was fooling with that I disconnected the reverse alarm on the cart.  It gets annoying after a while and most people seem to not bother with them.
  When Marg got home with news of her big win, I suggested dining out tonight.  We went to Appleby's down on by Superstition Springs.  They have good food and we had not been for a while.  Marg had an appetizer platter with a variety of half a dozen different ones, something she does quite often.  In fact they give you so many she brought a doggy bag of almost half of it home.  Something that seems to happen to us with regularity is we get there before the dinner rush starts, so walked right up and got a table.  By the time our food got there, people were lined up to the door waiting for tables.
  We got back to the park just in time to go for animal races.  We started out OK, but success was not to be ours tonight.  Marg picks the same 3 and sticks with them for all 8 races.  I pick the elephant and two others that change from race to race.  We had some interesting results and lots of laughs tonight and ended up losing a small amount.

 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Marg!! Fun to be the one to yell Bingo every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m pleased that the weather has settled and you are well into your routines. I’ve not heard any tales of that pushbike coming out this season though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We delayed our Haggis for Burns by a day as it was also curry night for the ladsl lol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What they don’t have Haggis at Applebys? x

    ReplyDelete