Wednesday 22 February 2017

Wednesday

  Today was a difficult day for us, sitting here in Arizona while are hearts and minds were with 2 precious members of our family dealing with health challenges.  We kept busy and active today as our game plan.
  I went golfing to Apache Sun this morning with the group from the park.  It was a picture perfect day for golf and we had a good time.  In fact I started out in fine form and was one under after 3 holes, then the wheels started to come off.  Ended the day with 5 pars and a birdie, carded a 40 on 9 holes.  That's about as good as it ever gets for me, best round of the winter season.
  When I got home Marg was at water aerobics and the day was already getting very warm.  Apparently the pool was gorgeous today and they had lots of ladies in the pool.  We had nice lunch and then I went to play pool while she went out to look for a alternatives to the post op shoes.  I think she has a line on some at CVS or Walgreens, but again they only had one in the size we need, so are trying to get her a second one.  We are still waiting to hear from the medical company on their success in getting a second shoe.
  I played pool with some of the good guys today and we had lots of laughs.  The guys I played were  3 very good players and it is a bit of a learning experience, the way they play the game.  Two of them have played at fairly competitive levels [for money] a few years back, so they see the game much differently than the average guy.
  By the time I got back it was time to head down to the Rec Hall as it was hamburger night.  Marg and I again were the cashiers and it's a nice change from kitchen duty.  Hey that was a pun, sometimes they just come out like that.  LOL  We had 139 paying customers and then 11 crew, so fed 150 tonight.  It gets a little frantic at times as we have quite a line up and it gets jammed up a bit because we do this in the space of an hour and the place is pretty much packed.  By the time we eat and get the clean up done everyone is all in.  The crew were getting together at Dale & Sheryl's after for margaritas but I went to play poker with the guys as it's my last time to do that.  As it turned out that was a good decision, I ended up being the big winner tonight recouping my losses from the last week or two.  I think Marg only stayed for one margarita, but it was a nice end to a busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment