Wednesday 1 February 2017

Wednesday, Feb 1st

A gorgeous day in the valley.  I think the daytime high got up to the mid 70's with almost no wind.  It was what a nice summer day is like in Grande Prairie.
  I went golfing with the group from the park at Apache Sun this morning.  I picked up a couple of guys, although they each played in different foursomes.  The group I played in was just 3 of us and they were fun guys.  It showed in my game today and although I had a 7 on the first hole, a par 5, I hit the ball off the tee very well.  In the end I carded a 41, the best I have had this winter season.  Oh yes, almost forgot, never lost a ball today.  LOL
  Marg made brownies for the bake sale on Friday, then went to water aerobics and they had good numbers this morning.  The pool was quite a bit warmer than yesterday and it is starting to show the effect the sun is having on it.  They had a pretty good workout and the long break they had during the cold weather has left her not accustomed to it, so she is feeling a bit beat up by it.  It won't take long though and it will get better as long as she doesn't overdo it.
  We just sat down for lunch and she asked me to look at her invitation to Patti's Groundhog Day get together, as she had her hands busy with lunch.  Looking at it I said it starts at 12 o'clock, so she quickly got everything out of the way and took off to Patti's.  So I sat down and ate, including some of what she made herself, but there was too much for my lunch.  Shortly after she showed up back at the door, even more tired from hustling down to the event, where she found herself alone, something was wrong.  So then the tired lady went back home.  She then looked at the invitation and saw that is for tomorrow and then still hungry went to look at her lunch.  Well you can see how this is going and nothing I could say seemed to make it any better.  In the end it all worked out, she made a bit more lunch for herself and I got the heck out of the way.
  I went and played some pool this afternoon and it also went fairly well.  I think I played ok and the second group of guys I played with were quite a bit of fun.  One of the guys kept getting phone calls, so I said something like you have a busy social life.  Joe is from another park, but is a regular player at ours and is a very good player.  He's a little bit different and usually keeps to himself, seldom tries to make a funny.  He and I have played a lot and he really loosens up quite a bit, anyway he says - well I am very personable and popular, then smiles.  My reaction - well what are you saying about me then, my phone hardly ever rings.  His reply, you shouldn't leave yourself open by asking questions like that.  Well we all had a laugh.
  Marg went out to Ross's and got a couple of pictures for the bathroom, she had one from the estate sale the other day.  The pictures in the park's bathroom were all stolen, so she gave them ours and had to replace them.  Does this seem odd to you, well if it does, you really don't know her.  Then she had to get supper started.
  By then we had company, so missed happy today.  First Linda came by with some Irish & British theme tea towels that she thought were perfect for Marg.  While she was still here Another couple came by and she has a special relationship with Marg.  She has been going through some difficult personal stuff and was sort of becoming reclusive, well as much as you can with Marg in your life.  When she came out today she said to her husband the first person she wanted to see was... well that's why she came to our place.  It was the kind of visit you can't just cut short as it was important to a friend.  By then supper was well ready, so we were scrambling a bit.  That's when I'm at my best coming to the fore to help.  I set the table and got out some condiments, then made coffee.  Which I really ought to do more often.  After I cleaned up the spilt coffee grounds and got the coffee pot working supper was running a bit later.
  By then I was late for poker and took off but forgot my phone at home.  So when the guys started to phone and ask why I wasn't there, lucky Marg had something to do, answer it.  Well that's just me, always thinking of her.  LOL  Well it was a better night at the table and I left ahead a bit tonight.  She got some nail trimming things done, so a winner for her as well.  So all in all a good day. Eh?
 

1 comment: