Saturday 25 February 2017

Saturday, Feb 25th

Got up and out to breakfast in the hall this morning.  The pancakes were good and well everything I had was as well.  Sat with the usual group and got filled in on the gossip in the park, well such as it was.  There were a couple of people looking for updates on our family health situation, that's one nice thing about this place, word has got around that we are leaving and lots of folks are concerned.
  Marg did a quick load of laundry and hung it out to dry and then did the floor mats.  When I got back we went out to Costco as she wanted to pick up some things for the shower tomorrow.  Fortunately the place was not busy for a Saturday, must have been lots of other stuff to do today, I guess.  She got some appetizer things, my only purchase was some lighters as I need one for the propane fire pit so that I don't singe my eyebrows.  Then it was a quick stop at Basha's for a few other things and back home.
  Marg spent the morning baking, making a triple chocolate cake and some chocolate cake balls both decorated with white chocolate, well actually the balls were coated and the cake was drizzled, but you know what I mean.  The chocolate covered little balls caused quite a stir as they became stuck fast to the drying rack when the chocolate hardened.  After a bit of trial and error she turned the rack upside down and managed to get them free.  I packed some of my stuff in the truck, loading the golf clubs, shoes and other assorted stuff. 
  After lunch we wiped down all the furniture and cleaned and re-arranged it for the shower tomorrow.  We got our extra chairs and set them up, but we only have a dozen so will be bringing some from the hall tomorrow, I guess.  Well actually Patti & Gary [grandma & grandpa to the new baby] stopped in and Gary said that is what we'll do.  He is quite involved with the park here, so his word on using them is good enough.
  I did some vacuum work out on the driveway and took garbage out.  We threw out the plant that Marg was given.  It was a bit of a problem as you have to handle it with rubber gloves because the sap is poisonous.  Well. the sap was leaking from it in several places, it was kind of milky white and I didn't fancy handling it, so got it stuffed in a green garbage bag without touching it.  Tricky, yes, but I think it's OK, but time will tell.  Then I took out all the garbage, didn't want that thing hanging around here.
  We went to happy hour, not many of those left now and there were lots of folks there today.  After we decided we did enough today, so went out to the Chinese buffet for supper.  The restaurant was totally renovated since last year and everything was changed even the name, except the food is still as good.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment