Thursday 12 January 2017

Wednesday

A nice day today and a good one to be outdoors.
  Marg and the gamblin' gals went to the Fort today.  There were 5 in the group today and Marg said they had a lot of fun.  When I asked if she won her reply was that she came back with more money than she went with, but only a small amount, I think she said about $30.  Any day you can have some fun and come out ahead, financially, that's a winner.
  I went to Apache Sun with the group from the park.  Gary drove and a new guy in the park, Greg rode with us.  I ended up playing with him in our foursome and he seems very pleasant and strikes the ball pretty well.  He said it was fun, so that's good.  I struggled right from the start, but ended up with a few good holes.  I never scored well, but that's OK.  I had a few pars and a couple of birdie putts as well as narrowly missing out on the long putt prize of #4, mine was shorter by something like a foot, but hey Gary won it and that was good.
  After lunch I played pool for a couple of hours with some of the better players in the park.  In fact two of the best players in the park and my game was much better, in fact I won more than lost, so was pretty happy.
  Happy hour this afternoon was a Kenny & Doris's place, so that is like a must go event.  There were lots of people there, but the gamblin' gals were not back by the time it was wrapping up.  Quite a few of the ladies were voicing their concerns and asking if any of us had heard from them.  My answer was that they had cell phones and were travelling when there was lots of traffic, so pretty sure they were fine or we would have heard from them.  As it turns out there was some big cash prize draw late in the afternoon that they wanted to stay for, so got away late.
  Marg came strolling up the road just a bit after happy hour ended so it was getting a bit late for supper.  We went out to one of Katie's favourites, Taco Bell.  They always have specials and they change them from time to time.  We had a great meal at a cost of about $14 for the both of us.  A nice change.
  When we got back it was just about time to go to poker.  We had 5 players tonight and lots of laughs.  I started out strong, which is always a problem and then as expected lost for quite a while and then near the end of the evening started winning a few hands.  I think I might have lost a little or come very close to break even, as Marg says, can't win all the time.  She went to the Laundromat in the park and did the bedding.  A couple sets of sheets plus the pillow cases is a bit much for our small laundry, so it just works out better this way.

1 comment: