Thursday 12 January 2017

Thursday, Jan 12th

The day was a nice one in the Valley, much better than the forecast looked yesterday.
  I started the day going to coffee & rolls or as some people call it the coffee klatch.  It was well attended this morning, so you can imagine how pleased I was to find out our table was first up for rolls, so choice was excellent.  This meant no bike ride, but we had sort of agreed to go at 10:15, which I had sort of forgot.  As a result I took Marg to get some things at Walmart and when the time came and went there were only 2 riders, but they went without the other 3 or 4 who it seems also forgot.
  When we got back Marg did another load of laundry as she was out of detergent.  This machine uses so little that it comes with a measuring spoon.  It is very sensitive to excess soap or suds, so she is very careful with the amount used.  There was also some laundry from yesterday to fold as it was now nice and dry.
  After lunch I went to play pool.  It was a tournament day and being short of players my partner and I played 2 teams, so 6 games as they are sets of best of 3.  Our first set we lost 2 to 1, my partner scratched on the 8 ball for both losses.  The last one was really hard to take, we were on the 8 ball and the other team had all 7 of their balls on the table, but that's the way it goes some days.  The second set we played a much better team, but we beat them all 3 because one of them scratched the 8 ball , so I guess it evened out.  Overall our team won 8 games and our visitors won 10, so my partner and I contributed half of our wins today.  It was nice to see the reaction of my partner as he is frequently very serious about winning in pool.  I think he was actually having a bit of fun today which seemed to make him friendlier than normal.
  While I was playing pool, Marg made a dish with pork chops in the slow cooker for supper.  It was very good as she had potatoes and vegetables in the sauce with the meat, so a little like a stew.  She also made a lemon meringue pie from scratch.  No not like the scratch in pool.  She got a lemon from Janice next door who has a tree and doesn't really use them.  She puts them out in a basket for anyone in the park rather than see them go to waste.
  After supper it was the animal races tonight.  The elephant was at his best, winning 3 times.  I won 4 races and Marg won 5, so she continues to out do me in the winners circle.
 

1 comment:

  1. That's a good day when the elephant dies well, you will at pool and get pie x

    ReplyDelete