Tuesday 24 January 2017

Tuesday, Jan 24th

The day was nicer even if below average temperatures here while the nights are pretty chilly.  I believe tonight will be the coldest night of this winter, something like 37F, so still not freezing here.  By the weekend it is forecast to warm up to about 70, so that will be about the averages for here and it will return to much nicer days.  Just like anywhere the weather is probably the no. 1 topic.
  This morning I went for a bike ride with a couple of the guys. One of them brought a carrot for the donkey, but something happened, he wasn't there.  I made about 4 miles today and the guys went on for a longer trip.  I was thinking about buying a new seat, but tried adjusting it this morning and it was much better, so will stay with it for a while.  I had a few calls to make, so had time after the ride and got them in.  The most important was to get sorted out with our home alarm system and I think we have it in hand.  Another was to our banker to deal with an issue on our account.  The third was to the city tax assessor dealing with the proposal we made for the condo association.
  Marg did a load of laundry today.  It was the little rugs around the place, like at the entry.  She is really happy with the way it does them and it helps keep the dust down.  She also had a bit of stuff from yesterday that needed steaming and got that out of the way as well.  Had a sandwich for lunch and she had the left over ribs from last night.  Me I'm not so keen on cold ribs, so I was happy with that.
  After lunch I went and played pool.  I ended up at a table of guys who are very good but had a good time.  With 3 players it's always 2 against 1 and I did manage to get a win twice against those pirates I was playing.  Marg went out and found a couple of things at Ross's, one of her favourite stores.  With her what she likes and can find in her size she always has difficulty with poor selection at home.  The opposite is true here and it makes shopping at this place a welcome change and at prices she can't come close to at home.
  When I got back the fellow I helped with the flooring stopped by to drop off my installation kit.  He was still very appreciative of the help he got.  It really wasn't much, but his frustration level was such that it must have seemed like a life line the way he was carrying on.
  Supper was some nice shrimp in a curry sauce.  It was a little different from the one she normally makes and it was very nice.  Every time we have a curry at home we always joke about east Indian folks coming to the door to see if they know us.  I think it's because that kind of food is very uncommon here or at home for that matter.  Doesn't take much to amuse us does it?
  Tuesday night is bingo in the park and we played again tonight.  I won a game by myself and got $30, Marg won the big double daub or final game that she had to split with two friends here in the park, one of whom was one of the gamblin' gals.  She ended up with $42, so a good night for us.

2 comments:

  1. Cha Ching ! Someone on our road has a curry every night x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is not what makes a curry special, rather it being so unique here does. LOL Probably have some very good curry dishes on your street.

    ReplyDelete