Tuesday 15 November 2016

November 15th

Got up early this morning as it was the first day to ride the bike and Larry has been raring to go.  Knowing I would be gone and expecting the Mediacom guys, Marg got an early start on the day as well.  It was a bit chilly this morning, so I wore a jacket, but about half way I had to take it off.  Never made a lot of miles today, only 4, but it was my first day.  It was about all my butt could handle, until I ride myself into shape.  When I returned, the cable man had not been around.  What a surprise.
  I had a shower and a bite to eat.  I have been having a lot of sinus problems, and suspect it's either the dust or the pollen in the air.  Marg gave me a tablet and went to water aerobics.  When she returned I had fallen asleep in my chair.  Pretty sure it was the medication as I had not worked that hard this AM.  They had a pretty good turn-out for splash & thrash and a good workout.  The lady who helped get it started is not here, but the group pretty much runs itself now.  There was a bit of controversy on whether it was to be ladies only or a mixed group.  They resolved it as ladies only saying that if there is interest in a mixed group, a second one could be started.
  After lunch Marg went out to get a slow cooker.  We had one here, but took it home and wanted a larger unit.  When she returned, she made up a dish for supper as it was going to be a bit of a rushed affair tonight.  Then the Mediacom guys showed up with the new unit.  It seems to be just what we needed and everything is working fine now.  We have a new land line number for the house now.  I think the guys were looking for a tip, but after all the delays and BS about the appointment day one was not in the cards.  Then we went out to get a few things.  I am looking for ideas on connecting the laundry to services and want to get a sun screen for the window in our bedroom.  There are no standard sizes when dealing with older units like ours, so I just bought the material to make one.  It is a south facing exposure and we really get the sun beating on that part of the house and need to cut down the sun's rays.  We stopped on the way back to fill our 5 gallon water bottle at one of the many water stations.  The filtered water is so much better, especially from the water cooler.
  By then it was time to go for happy at Jim & Beth's.  We are really like the Hutterites, the guys in one area and the gals in another.  Not sure but the gals talk about all kinds of stuff, while the guys focus on solving the great mysteries of the universe.  LOL  When we got back there was a nice hot dinner in the new slow cooker.
  Then it was off to bingo, the first one of the season. It was nice to see Richard back as caller.  There was a pretty good turnout and I even got a win, but had to split it 3 ways.  A win is a win, even if it's only $9 and a good way to start the year.

1 comment: