Monday 14 November 2016

Monday, Nov 14th

One week we have been in Arizona and we are just about caught up on the stuff we need to get done.  The weather continues to be quite warm, in the 80's during the day, but it looks set to cool off for a few days.  In fact the weather report had below freezing temperatures up north in the higher elevations like Flagstaff, etc.  Nothing that drastic forecast for this area.
  Went to Mediacom this AM as soon as it opened and was about #12 in line.  The waiting room was full as people continued coming in while I was there.  Part of my inquiry about why we never got installed on Saturday was to tell them the satellite co would do it the next day and was answered with, you are scheduled to be installed this morning.  I just said, we'll see.  The service guys did come today, although in the afternoon.  The guys were pretty good, but had some challenges.  They had TV & a land line right away, but no internet as they had a faulty piece of equipment.  They got a new one at the shop and when it was installed they had TV & internet, but no telephone.  We left it at that and they are returning tomorrow with yet another piece they think will fix it.  The service we do have is pretty good, so far so good.
  Marg did floors and some housework in the morning to get the place in order.  I fixed the vents on the Az room as lots of them had fallen out during the summer winds.  Then I replaced the tube in my bike tire as it had developed a leak.  It was one of those tubes with the green goop in it, so rather than patch it I just put in the new one.  It also gave me an opportunity to lube the bike and get it ready.  Larry has been anxious about riding and this wife wants him to go with someone as he is a little unsteady these days.  I made a garbage run and took Larry's ladder back.  While at the garbage bins, I knelt down and as luck would have it the dead grass has some goat heads in it.  I ended up with about 6 in my leg and 4 in my hand and yes they were painful.  Just google them if you doubt me, I think they are the reason the dinosaurs are extinct.  LOL
  While I was away, Mark had stopped by and gave Marg a nice little china cup and saucer.  I think they call it a demi-tasse.  He recalled that when we were doing the roof, I had said she liked china tea cups and enjoyed finding old ones.  He deals in a lot of old stuff, kind of an antique dealer, so he found a nice one in his stuff that he thought she would enjoy.
  Marg made me french toast for lunch.  I love that stuff, she never has to ask me if it OK, any meal of the day it's fine with me.  We didn't have syrup, so I had honey on some and homemade strawberry jam on the rest.  Mavis had given Marg a couple of jars of jam she made back in Minnesota.  Marg opted for leftovers as there was a bit of potato salad from yesterday.
  In the afternoon, I played a game of 8 ball with Kenny.  He had bought a cue and wanted to try it out.  It worked well, almost too good as he was down to the 8 ball when I still had 4 on the table.  Then he had to leave early as he had a delivery of new laundry coming.  They gave us their old one and Daryl gave me a hand bringing it back to our place.  We really don't have a place in the trailer to install it, so think we will use in in the breezeway.  I just have to figure out the connections for water, sewer and power.  A project for another day I guess.  Marg is looking forward to being able to spend less time in the Laundromat, so better not take too long. 
  Oh yes, we had a visitor in the park today, a roadrunner:

  Supper tonight was a nice shrimp dish with mini-penne.  It was very good.  After we went out to Fry's for a bit as Marg needed a few things like milk and butter, and the was our day. 

1 comment: