Wednesday 10 February 2016

Wednesday

Middle of the week, the day we used to call hump day when we were working.   It is halfway between weekends, so all uphill until Wed noon and then it's downhill to the next weekend.
  Marg had another early day as the gambling's gals went to the Fort today.  One of Lynette's daughters went home already and the other still here so she joined them.  It seems going back to Wednesday is not without controversy as the only pots or dishes given away are on Thursday, creating a vacancy.  They had a great day and two of the gals won, sadly Marg was donor, so it would appear the lucky bucks from yesterday are just a memory.  They all came back in a great mood, so it appears it was the price of fun.
  I went golfing with Gerry to Apache Sun.  They had a full slate of players, so the pots for the putt and closest to the pin were pretty good.  Gerry won the closest tee shot and had a good game.  I had a much better game today as well.  I played without a glove, because one of the guys did it and it helped his game.  My driver worked much better without it as did most of the other clubs.  My other driver has been turning in my hand, making it difficult to be consistent with it.  The guys suggested a new grip & I think that is where it is headed on the weekend.  It was a bit cool at the start, but really warmed up and was a very pleasant day to play.  My score ended up better than average, for me anyway, so it was all good.
  When I got back I found that the lunch lady had skipped, so had to make my own.  I usually make something Marg won't have any part of.  Today was no exception, a cheese sandwich, but instead of mayo, I put strawberry jam on it for spread.  It's kind of a throw-back to my bachelor days & that is a major throw!  After lunch I went to play pool.  I got in with some good players, in fact one used to do trick shots and play for some pretty serious money.  Although that was a few years back and he has developed a condition that keeps him out of that stuff, Dick is still an excellent player.  It was a fun group even if I did play the losing side a few times.
  Happy hour started out with just Larry & me, but by the time the gamblin' gals got back it was a full house.  It was pretty lively today and there were a couple of new people who although they were previously in the park, it was before we were here.  It was pretty much everyone talking, no one listening, so a good thing I got there early and chatted with Larry before the hoard descended on the place.  When the gals got in, we went home and made supper.  Tonight it was some of those really good deal steaks, baked potato  & vegetables; followed by a small dish of ice cream & a cookie.
  After supper I went to play poker with the guys.  We had a decent turnout and a good time.  I ended up winning some hands, so came away a bit ahead.  My trip there was pretty funny.  Marg had been chatting with Patti about leftovers when she said Gary loved them.  So guess what, she sent me with to drop off at their place.  It turns out Gary was by the room where we play, so I just left him with the leftovers, telling him that by telling her he liked leftovers, he can expect more of the same.  LOL, the good news is I won't be eating a bunch of them.  Marg had company most of the time I was gone, she is such a social butterfly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment