Tuesday 9 February 2016

Tuesday

Well the weather has made a drastic change this week.  We changed out to cotton sheets and the heat never even came on last night.  It got pretty hot today, in fact it was an all-time record for this date at 88F.  I can feel the effect of the sun on my arms and neck from yesterday on the course.
  Marg has been really tired after getting up before 7AM several days in a row, so has been retiring a bit earlier and consequently has been up and at em' early these days.  In fact she is complaining it is like jet lag and has her body clock all messed up and is now getting up and about around 7 every morning, not what she signed up for.  Pretty funny stuff!
  I got myself organized and went for a bike ride this AM.  There were 8 of us this morning and the wind was blowing pretty strong out of the mountains.  We took a different route that accommodated anyone wanting to take a short course.  Larry felt it was too windy for a long ride, so turned off.  We are a bit like the marines, we leave no man behind, so I turned off with him.  We still made just over 3 miles and with half into the wind, it was still a decent workout.  Besides Marg wanted to do laundry this AM and I wanted to be back to give her a hand.  You might be skeptical about what I mean by that, well I carry the large hamper and other things full of clothes, the laundry soaps and such and in the Laundromat I put the soap, softener and bleach in the machines and then help fold and hang stuff.  The locations for the soap and stuff is on top of these machines and not well situated for anyone vertically challenged, as the reservoirs or openings are hard to see when you can't see over the machines.
  Got the laundry done, not a favourite chore of anyone.  It is always full of the oddest folks you will ever see anyplace.  The lady who runs it is great and in spite of all the confusion and activity has a very sunny disposition.  Marg really likes the machines there: type, size [capacity] & number of them.  I think she said they are triple load machines.  It really doesn't make much difference from the laundry in the park, except for the travel and it goes faster with the large machines.
  After getting back, Marg hung things and put other stuff away.  I went out back and cleaned my golf clubs.  They don't have sprinklers to water the course, instead they flood I at night.  When taking a divot it results in many muddy clubs and the stuff dries on them quickly, filling the grooves and what not.  That didn't take long, so I put some primer on a few areas where we had some stains, mainly on the ceiling.  Then I pulled the patio door out.  The door has been dragging and it felt like the wheels were broken.  When I got them out, it turned out he bearings cratered so not rolling or doing their job at all.  At Best hardware they stock all this stuff, even for older models like ours, so I was successful in getting 2 replacement kits.  As luck would have it these were some of the more expensive models, but they were a must have.  When I installed them, it made a world of difference, the door just glides now and we have to be very deliberate in trying to not slam it
  While I was doing this Marg had gone to Patti's where they were having a farewell for Susie as she will be leaving next week to go back to Iowa.  There were about a dozen ladies and they had a few drinks and snacks and shared stories to laugh about, mainly about husbands I would guess.  Marg told the one about me doing laundry at home by phoning Char in Birmingham which apparently had them rolling in laughter.  Not sure where the humour was in that?
  Supper was out of the slow cooker.  Marg had put it in just in case she didn't feel like cooking after their party, or whatever [blasted??].  It was really good and it made for an easy evening so we could go to bingo.  Bingo tonight was something else.  Both Marg and I won regular games and then she won a second time, but called bingo on the money ball so got to share that jackpot with another winner.  She was close all night and in fact on the final full card game was waiting on one number.  She was getting self-conscious about it and hoping that someone else would win.  Me I would have just given my card to Gerry or Deb and had them call a winner out, but it wasn't a problem.  All her buddies made quite a fuss over it and I believe the lucky money is headed to the Fort with her tomorrow.  LOL.

1 comment: