Wednesday 3 February 2016

Wednesday

Man it was cold last night.  When I got up the temp was 28F, so about minus 2 for the Celsius crowd.
  Marg got up and went with the gamblin' gals + two this morning.  They changed from Thursday in spite of losing out on the bake ware because of their commitments for the rest of the week.  The plus two are Lynette's daughters who are in to spend some time with their mother.  It was pretty funny last night they told me of the laughs they all had when I posted the pics of Lynette and me and said I had a new woman in my life.  Joanne said her boyfriend had earlier said their mother had a male friend and that set them to gossiping, but that Tammy, who we met last year figured out who I was and cleared it all up.  Then I told them I actually got her up on the dance floor and they had lots more fun with their mother.  Great gals.  Anyway they went to the Fort with Marg, Nancy & their mother today.  There were no bingo winners, but Marg had taken my lucky money from last night and she turned a profit on it, lucky money brings luck. 
  I was up early for golf.  Remember the cold, well when we got to the course, the putting green was a sheet of ice and the fairways were frosted badly in the shade.  I had to stop twice on the first hole to knock the ice off the soles of my shoes.  Its funny the ball was not as lively in the cold and certainly never ran like it usually does on the fairways.  The greens were tough to figure out as they were really slow where the frost lay, only just slow where it had melted and normal where the sun had been on them for an hour or so.  That's my excuse for the day as I had a good game, but poor score.  I had my name on the longest putt [took my old putter again], but was beat out by Terry.  Gerry had his name on the tee shot closest to the pin, but was beat out bay Gary [her spouse] when he got a hole in one.  Very cool, I have played with both quite a few times and was very happy for them.
  When I got back, I went and played pool for just over an hour, but left early to wash the truck.  It was really dirty from the rain & wind the other day.  The car washes were fairly full of people with the same idea.  The darn water here spots so bad that you have to put the rinse agent on and then do the windows when you get home.  Being environmentally friendly, I just use vinegar in water on them and it does a good job.  I just got done in time to go to happy hour and then the gals got home, so Marg joined us there.  It was home for a bite to eat and then off to play poker.  There were quite a few people that have expressed interest in the game tonight, but in the end it was just the 7 of us regulars.  I took a bit of a kicking tonight, but a good time.  Need to get some rest, so plan to retire early tonight as the next few days will be busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment