Tuesday 2 February 2016

February 2nd

It was chill last night, Marg said there was a frost on the truck first thing.  It must have been pretty cold to be on the valley floor.  Up in the mountains it snowed, in fact it was white on four peaks even this afternoon.
  I left about 10:30 for downtown Phoenix to play golf with Gerry at Encanto.  It warmed up a bit as the day wore on and was about 8 degrees warmer downtown than out here in AJ. We were paired up with a couple of guys who were good to golf with, for a change.  There was a cool wind, but out in the sun it got very pleasant out of the wind & especially on the back nine.  It was my free round today, you get one about every 10 rounds.
  With no wheels, Marg stayed home today.  She did some house cleaning and cleaned all the debris in the breezeway left by the wind the other night.  She got the mail, we don't go every day, so we never know what to expect; anything from a full box to nothing.  Our mail seems to be coming more regular this year, likely a result of the tent card I put in our mail slot back at home telling them we have a forward mail order.  The system is less than ideal, so we have devised this work-around.  She visited a bit, but it was cool to be outside for any length of time.
  We finished up in good time and I was on the road home by 4PM & traffic was already getting heavy.  The route I have to take has all the downtown traffic leaving work for the burbs.  Since changing my route to 7th Street, I get down to the freeway earlier, but it is bumper to bumper there for quite a while.  The traffic generally moves well, sometimes 70 mph, but today there was an accident at the 101 connection, so a couple of miles of crawling along.  Still got home early and Marg had pork chops and all the fixin's in the slow cooker.  Very delicious.  Oh yeh, a wee dram as well, I generally reward myself with on after the hectic drive back.
  Bingo tonight and Deb & Gerry came to join us.  I got lucky and won the early bird, so we made out pretty well.  Marg & the others were close quite few times, but success was not in the card tonight.  Get it - it's a pun, oh I crack myself up.  The money ball went tonight, so the big jackpot is back at zero.  I bought ice cream at the break.  Marg never has it though, she goes outside with a regular group.  While out there tonight she met some friends of Rita's who live in Ft Sask, but are originally from Fahler.  Small world, one is related to Norm Dufresne & the other to Paul Henley, both neighbours at the lake.  The girl had babysat all of the Dufresne kids when they were little.
  Oh the joke at bingo tonight [Christine tells one at the start] was:
2 guys are talking, one says I think I'll get myself a dog.  The second says forget dogs, get a cat.  No the other says, I really like dogs, I think I'll get a lab.  The other says don't get a dog & even if you do, never get a lab.  The first says what have you got against dogs & labs in particular.  Well says the other, it's just that I've noticed a lot of people who get them go blind. 
  Gong to be another cold one tonight, but should be warm after that.  Will be interesting for golf, might have to wear the woolens.  LOL

1 comment: