Sunday 28 February 2016

Sunday

Another gorgeous day in the Valley.
Started the day by attending the church service in the park.  The Pastor had his 3 grandchildren and their parents in attendance and they each played several piano pieces for us.  They are all amazingly talented.  Just for my daughter's info, no I don't sing, but I do follow along in the book, LOL.
  When I got home, I started to deal with the door that I repaired yesterday.  I had gone to Lowes where I described the job I was doing and they recommended liquid nails, heavy duty as the adhesive to glue the Styrofoam core to the fiberglass exterior panels.  When I took the weights off the door, I was astounded to see that the adhesive had dissolved the foam and I mean in a big way.  So it was back to Lowes this AM where the customer service desk gave me a quick refund, probably to get rid of an unhappy customer.  I even took what was left of the foam in for them to see how bad their advice turned out.  I picked up some Gorilla glue construction adhesive as it said it works on fiberglas and made another try.  This time I didn't buy new foam, just used the old piece and re-assembled it.  We'll see tomorrow how it turns out.
  At Lowes Marg got the cleaner she uses at home for the floors.  When we got back she did the laminate floor in the trailer and apparently it turned out just the way she wanted it.  The dust down here is a real problem and difficult to keep up with, so she was happy to get a better solution for her swifter thing.  Then she got a corned beef brisket in the slow cooker and set it to go for the day.  This bodes well for the future, where I anticipate two of my favourite meals:  Rueben sandwiches or corned beef hash.  With any luck it will eventually become both.
  Most of the day was spent messing with the door & Marg had her usual parade of visitors.  While I was out in the utility shed, I checked my glue traps.  I put out a couple of roach motels in the shed, the Az room and the park model to catch whatever kind of bugs are crawling around.  When I looked in there I saw I had:  a few crickets, some kind of moth type bug and a little snake.  It was

1 comment: