Saturday 27 February 2016

Saturday, Feb 27th

A nice day, although it started off a bit chilly the day warmed up very quickly. 






We went to the Lost Dutchman Days parade with a couple of other people and by coincidence there were about a dozen other people from our rv park right around us.  It's always a good parade with lots of variety and more horse entries than we usually see back home.  I mainly took pictures of some of the gals on horses for Katie.  The parade lasted about 2 1/2 hours, so that was most of the morning.  There were lots of politicians in the parade, I think it must be an election year for some of them as they had lots of people handing stuff out.  The ladies stayed for most of it, but left early to find some park sale or sales, so Larry caught a ride back with me. 
  When I got back, I went to Lowes to get some foam sheets and some liquid nails to put the door back together.  That was most of the afternoon for me, allowing for dumping 5 gallon pail of water all over everything on the driveway.  Some days it seems I am clumsier than normal.  After all that, I am still not certain the plan I have for the door is a good one, but time will tell.  I only half assembled it in case the adhesive doesn't work as well as the salesperson told me it would.  The gals went for lunch and Marg got back in mid-afternoon.  It seems all she was able to come up with was a teapot, which she got for a dollar.
  Supper was a nice pasta dish with shrimp.  We didn't want to go out as we had company coming after supper.  Marg had her first margarita on the patio event tonight.  There were 4 other couples and it was a fun event with everyone staying fairly late.  It was mainly the gals that Marg spent the day with and their spouses and the Blanke's.   Nice folks, most from Ohio and a few laughs in the process.
 

1 comment: