Sunday 21 February 2016

Sunday, February 21st

It was a beautiful morning and I was up and put the coffee on as the sun was coming up.  The paper was already here out front, so picked it up to flip through all the flyers.  Sunday's paper is full of flyers, coupons, sale ads and it is a large paper.  The delivery lady throws it out the car window, so the larger ones like today are in a plastic bag so they stay together or in the case of rain, stay dry.  No chance of rain today though.
  After a bowl of cereal, I showered, dressed and went to the church service in the hall.  It was well attended, as usual with a few people having family members visiting.  They generally have a fellowship time after the service, but I never stay for it as I generally have other commitments.  This morning it was to take Marg to the outlet stores in Tempe.  It turns out she wanted me to go so she could get me some shirts, so stopped in at Nordstrom Rack where I ended up with 3.  Then it was on to Total Wine where she got some coolers, then I got a bottle of scotch.  After a spirited discussion, she ended up with a bottle of scotch as well, even though she doesn't drink the stuff.  Hers is an 18 year old Grangestone that it turns out is very nice.
  On the way back we stopped at Long John Silvers for the cod lunch special.  We like the fish there and it came with fries, of course, but the bonus was it also came with hush puppies.  A nice lunch and we quite often eat there when we are up on Power road.  It was on the way home, just a few exits earlier on the 202 [Red Mountain freeway].  We had to get off there as we wanted to stop at Winco for groceries today.  It's sort of a bulk food kind of place, like Costco and has some unique features, so once in a while we like to go there.
  After it was back to the park where Marg did some more running around on the 50th anniversary party.  She had picked up some cards, one for Betty & Ma to give [they are family to the couple] and haven't been able to get out as Ma is not feeling well.  She also had to meet with Pat on the cake and give her the money for it, then the couple's son, Randy, etc.  All that and the obligatory visiting that takes place anytime you walk in the park and the afternoon was almost over.  Me, well I started reading and fell asleep in my chair.  Pretty funny as I woke when Marg got back and there was an orange on the table in front of me that was left by someone.  We found out later it was Marg's friend Linda have a bit of fun with my nap.
  Supper was a salad with some freshly cooked shrimp.  We ate a bit lite as it was ice cream social tonight and with a 6:30 start time, you don't want to go with a full stomach.  It worked as I had a banana split, Marg the usual sundae and cake.  I did change things up a bit: no pineapple on the split, just extra strawberries.  I think I like it better like that and the gals are more than ready to accommodate special requests like that.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to hear your still visiting the sunday service... I would have guessed the culprit was Linda when she came baring food lol x

    ReplyDelete