Thursday 12 March 2015

Thursday - 12th

Another great day, although it was cloudy the daytime high temp was well into the 80's.  There was a bit of a breeze most of the day, which was just right.
  Started off with coffee & donuts. On the way there I had to run a gauntlet of bike riders who harassed me about not riding today.  I must confess I did tell them I would, but I had also committed to arranging tables and chairs for the ladies tea after coffee.  Our regular group table was full, so we sat with a few other couples.  It was nice because we don't get to spend enough time with some of the other nice folks in this park.  It was also nice because they were the second table drawn, so the donut selection was excellent.  The park owner gave an update on some of his plans for the park.  Something really funny was that we were just talking about pickle ball and he said they were going to look at building a facility to play it here in the park.
  By the time we finished arranging, it was time to depart.  I played golf with Gerry at Encanto today, so had to leave here by shortly after 10 to allow for any problems in traffic.  If you have driven the 202 loop here, you already know what I mean, it not, you really should come here for the experience.  We were fortunate to play as a twosome, so play moved along pretty well and we finished at a good time.  I played pretty well, but could have been better.  The score was just OK today.  The low point of my game was the ball I hit out on to the road at tree top height, but fortunately there was a lull in the traffic when it landed.  I did have a few pars, which were the highlights.  Hot, well yes it was.  I drank 3 bottles of water during the game today.  I had some dizziness yesterday and one of the ladies in the park who is a retired nurse said my symptoms sounded like dehydration.  Hard to believe, as we go through a lot of water.
  Marg went to the ladies spring tea today.  She was again asked to model some outfits, but there don't appear to be any photos.  The only evidence of her modelling career is the one outfit that came home with her, LOL.  She did say she thinks they ask her back because of the way she carries on and creates a few laughs in the process.  Not sure what that means either as again there is no evidence.  They did have a good time and lots of good eats.  Another highlight is her teapot made it to the head table and was a the subject of an elaborate discussion.  It is also a musical teapot when picked up, so the mc held it up with the mike, so everyone could hear Tea For Two.  She calls it her Alice in Wonderland teapot, it looks a bit like one from the Madhatter's tea party.
  I got back in time for the end of happy hour, Marg was already there.  It seems they signed up a couple of ladies on facebook so they could tap in to the pictures on line. 
  Supper tonight was Ihop, so in other words, my turn to cook.  It was good and gave us a much needed break after a busy day.  After it was a stop in the dollar store, needed some birthday cards as our group b'day party is tomorrow at happy.
  After we got back we had some surprise visitors.  Two couples were walking around in the park and stopped in, the guys to find out when we are golfing on Monday.  They ended up coming in for drinks [beer, coffee, tea] and some dessert.  Still nice and warm outside at 10:30 PM, but then again this IS the Valley of the Sun!
 

1 comment:

  1. I must confess that I had to look up Pickleball and was surprised to see that there is a whole sport out there in the New World that I'd never even dreamt of.

    ReplyDelete