Sunday 22 March 2015

Sunday March 22nd

The warm sunny days are back and the wind blew most of the day, at times gusting fairly hard.  It was a long way out of the feathers this AM & the stomach was a little unsettled.  Have not carried on like that for a  while.  Put my bike out front, but no one showed up to ride.  I heard later that Gary was on a water diet for much of the morning, LOL.  Went for a short bike ride by myself and made about 4 miles.  It seemed that much more difficult riding alone.  It's amazing the difference it makes to have a fellow rider.
  When I got back, Marg made a ham & eggs breakfast with fresh fruit.  A great start to the day.  Little did I realize there was no lunch on the menu today, so that was both meals.  In fairness it was mid-morning by then.  We ate in the breezeway on the new [to us] table.  After I got out the paint and painted the cupboard doors I had made and installed a week ago as well as the 4 drawers I finished the other day.  Marg was happy, so for me that is good enough.  I am no carpenter, but these turned out OK.  Not sure they would stand up to a quality inspection by someone in the trade, but good enough for my skill level.
  I had some problems getting the handles on the drawers as the bolts were too short.  We went over to the Ace Hardware where I got proper sized bolts.  I also picked up some roundup to spray weeds.  My ants are back on the back patio and I sprayed them in the morning and wanted to get the weeds today as well.  Marg went over to Bells and was looking for some more place mats to match some she bought there the other day, but had no luck.  When I got back, was able to complete the cupboard project.  While I was doing that Marg took some glasses back to Linda that she had left here last night.
  Happy hour this afternoon was at the Jim & Beth's, so I went for a short time while Marg prepared our supper.  I went for a real quick one as I had to bbq the steak and roast the potatoes and vegetables.  We are not usually in hurry up mode like today, but we had to get in a meal before ice cream social.
  We had agreed to step in on ice cream social for this and next week as one of the couples have left for home already.  Departures are becoming an every other day occurrence now as the winter season comes to a close.  I think there are 4 or 5 more this week with more the following week.  We had lots of folks for ice cream and it has been a while since we did this.  Kept pretty busy making banana splits and dishing out ice cream and cake, as it was well attended.  That was expected with the hot day and the offer of duplicating your order next Sunday at no charge.  Although we got free ice cream because we had to work, we bought banana splits so the Smiths can participate next Sunday.
  3 more days until they arrive now!

1 comment: