Monday 23 March 2015

Monday

A beautiful day in the valley.  It was very warm, topping out in the high 80's, but we had a steady breeze that made it quite pleasant.
  Gary went with me to Encanto where we met up with Gerry & Deb's brother Rick for a round of golf.  The course played well and we made it through 18 in just under 4 hours.  The other guys played well and even I had some bright spots in my game, although the score card did not accurately reflect how well I did, LOL!  On the way back I told Gary that golf wasn't the reason I asked him, rather it was so I could travel in the HOV lane on the way back during rush hour.  It was good for a laugh, but truly we blasted along at about 60 mph and passed a lot of heavy traffic areas.  It was hot and I went through 3 bottles of water and one of Gatorade at the course.  The other lads had 2 or 3 beers on the back nine, but with driving, I passed.
  Marg went to water aerobics and they had a good turnout today.  It's partly the workout, but I imagine it is very refreshing in the pool on a hot day.  Apparently they had some big guy come into the pool area and lounge about while they had their workout today.  I guess they told him it was their time in the pool, but he stayed anyway, slathering lotion on his ampleness.  Some of the ladies said it was so disturbing that they are going to get a sign put up to the effect that only splash & thrashers are permitted during their hour.  Marg said she thought the guy may have eventually got the message and will not likely return during the allotted hour.  We'll see, he might just be a -- well who knows, LOL.
  After getting back she had visitors all day long, for a variety of topics.  I guess she had a really fun day with most of them and enjoyed herself.  Somewhere along the day she decided to offer our place for happy hour, so when I got home the driveway was full of people and golf carts were all around the front.  I think there must have been 15 or 16 people having cocktails.  It goes without saying that I had no place to park, so had to leave the truck down the road.  That was her 3rd party group in about 5 or 6 days.  Party girl you might think, but I think she just likes to organize things.
  Fortunately she had supper in the slow cooker, so that was never in doubt.  It was very good too, a nice pork roast with potatoes and vegetables.  This was important as it was poker night and I was still able to make it there shortly after the 6:30 start time.  There were 6 players tonight and while not a big winner, I think I came out around even.  Hard to tell as I won quite a bit early and then victories were farther apart in the latter part of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment