Tuesday 17 March 2015

Monday, March 16th

Another hot day in the Valley of the Sun, well after all that is the name of this place.  The guys went biking, but I was not up for it as I had to leave about 10AM and would have been hard pressed to get back here in time.
  Laundry day for Marg.  I guess it was pretty busy in there and the fans were out of order.  She also had some complaints about taking hot clothes out of the dryer on such a hot day.  It seems odd to me that so many people would be doing laundry in the heat of the day.  Something like the old saying out of India when the British were there in force -- Only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun!
  I went to Encanto with 2 guys from the park and we met Gerry Canuel there.  The course was pretty busy, but we got sent out a bit early.  I had taken 3 water bottles and froze them to make ice in the bottom 3rd of the bottle, then filled them with water before leaving and put insulated beer can covers on them.  It worked very well as the last bottle was still nice and chilled when I got to #16.  We had lots of laughs, my score being one of them, LOL.  Well it was the same as my last round there, but this time I never lost a ball.  Gene drove, so it was a nice change and it seems they both got the seniors with a  players card rate after I checked in first.  So that was great.  Traffic on the return trip, well it was busy, but not crazy.
  When I got back Marg was nowhere to be found, so I phoned.  Yes she was at happy hour, so I grabbed a beer and joined them.  It seems a bunch were going to the buffet and kept asking us to go, Marg said it was about 15 times, but we declined.  We really try to limit the amount of buffet exposure we have, kind of buffer the buffets.  Oh man I crack myself up.  We also were invited to Clyde & Anne's end of season dinner and had declined not knowing when I would be back, so Marg had a chicken and pasta in the slow cooker.  A supper I always look forward to and one we would not be prepared to waste.  It helps keep the heat down in the unit by plugging it into the outside plug in the breezeway.
  Poker after supper.  We had a good group of 6 players and a pretty good bunch.  I made out Ok for a change.  Hey that's a pun as we play for nickels and dimes.   It seems my luck had taken a vacation for a few weeks, but may be returning.  Now it just needs to kick up to the next level where I actually win.
  Oh yeh, we went out and picked up a mini or bar fridge, 3.5 cu ft I believe.  We just plug it in on the breezeway and fill it full of drinks.  It frees up fridge space and the drinks are really handy like this.  It will be great just as long as no one gets any silly ideas about putting food in it. 
  Last evening a new couple parked across the road from us had their poodle outside their trailer.  I'm not sure if it was on a lead or in a pen. Anyway Marg went over to warn them not to leave it unattended, especially after dark.  A few years ago one of the owls picked up a small dog in the park, I guess they are just too much like the rabbits running around here.  There are a pair of great horned owls in the park again this year, they have always been here, except for last year when then left for the winter.  Probably went north LOL.

1 comment: