Wednesday 18 March 2015

March 18th

Happy birthday Jim.
  The weather was unsettled this morning.  It was cloudy and a bit cooler, a perfect morning for golf, well it was for me anyway.  Gerry came to AJ & he drove to Apache Sun this AM. I hit the ball as well as I ever have at this course and my score was the best I have ever carded there - 41.  There was a carry-over on the longest putt on the 4th hole and I managed to drain a 5 footer that stood up, so won the cash for both this and last week - $30, all in singles.  It looked pretty impressive.  What a great start to the day, oh yeh, Gerry and I tied and it was one of his best as well.
  In the morning Marg cleaned the windows and door tracks and then went to water aerobics.  There was a smaller group today, but that was better as it was almost too full a couple of times.  When she got back she took stock of what was here in preparation for hosting cocktail hour tomorrow.  We are not holding a come on come all event, like some of them, as we simply don't have the space and it is a bit of a farewell for a few people who are leaving this week.
  I was back in time for lunch, which Marg made me and we had a few minutes of peace and quiet.  After lunch Marg went to Fry's which is always dangerous with the truck as there is pretty much unlimited capacity.  She came back with the back seat pretty much full.  Mostly it was food, but there was some margarita mix and some coolers in there as well.  I went to check on Kenny as they had a bit of an accident with the golf cart and had some repairs to make on an awning support.  As it turned out he had already made the repairs. Then I went over to Jerry's to see if he needed help getting his Kia to the repair shop as it won't start, but he had that looked after as well.  Stopped at the pool room on the way back and watched the guys play for a short while and back.  All it turned out to be was a good walk.
  Marg was making a big caesar salad for happy hour tonight, it was one of those food nights.  She had cooked up some shrimp and some chicken pieces so people could dress it up with either.  Happy tonight was at Kenny & Doris' place as the Johnson's are leaving at the weekend and in the process of packing.  There were lots of folks there tonight as it was a bit of a pot luck.  By the time we got there it was raining, pretty hard too.  They had a carport full, I would guess 30 or more.  Food was pretty good as well and there seemed to be quite a bit.  That served as supper, which is OK, I guess.
  After supper I went to play poker.  Same bunch tonight, but the luck of the Irish was with me.  Did a bit better than break even, so am hopeful my luck is back.  It had seemed to desert me for a while.

2 comments:

  1. I have been neglecting the block and had three days to catch up. A sign that I have been making early starts at work in preparation for our trip. Looking forward to a golf lesson from you soon. Two sets of birthday wishes one early one late. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cha-Ching! Apparently the luck of the Irish is quite genuine.... x

    ReplyDelete