Tuesday 10 February 2015

Tuesday, Feb 10th

 Another great day, the sun was up early and the heat of the day was building by 8 AM.  On the weather they said we are well above seasonal averages and it is supposed to stay for at least the week.  We may get some rain on the weekend.  We have already had more rain than most prior years.
  I went and got the rhino out of the trailer.  It had been in there since we went to LA & the theme parks.  We have been so busy that I haven't had an opportunity to get it out.  Anyway I squeezed in about 25 minutes before leaving this AM and left it on the driveway.  Takes quite a bit of time as I have 5 padlocks on it and the wheels are chained with one padlock on each of them.  With us being on the far end of the park, Marg can use it to go to laundry and perhaps to water aerobics that way [both are in the middle of the park].  As it turned out, I never had much time to spare by the time I got to Gerry's and then on to the golf course. 
  We were invited to sticky buns at the park managers place.  This is something that you just never miss if you are lucky enough to be invited.  Well Marg has gone in prior years, but I have never been and today was no different.  I guess there were about 20 people there and the buns were great, as always.  I think I missed the last time for the same reason as today.
  I went into Phoenix and played golf at Encanto with Gerry Canuel.  The course is in nice shape this year and while not extremely difficult, offers enough challenge for us.  We bought the season memberships, so get a pretty good deal on the fees.  Although Gerry got a better deal initially, being a Phoenix resident [I paid $50 more as a non-resident]; I get the better rate each time having the seniors card.  We got paired with a couple of young guys, one of whom was very good and the other not very good,, but they were great to play with.  Hit the ball well off the tee today, only one mis-hit and that was on #18.  Putting and chipping continue to be the bane of my existence, but my end score was my best effort for 18 so far this winter and I never lost a ball, although I bruised one pretty bad on the cart path.  It was good and warm out there and the shade felt good, I think it got to about 83 today.
  After the sticky buns, Marg went out with 5 other ladies from the park.  She missed the water aerobics because it is a bunch she enjoys hanging out with.  They went out for some shopping down by Superstition mall, which is one of Marg's favourite destinations.  They have Ross, Burlington coat, etc. and she scored a couple of tops, so very successful.  After they all went to lunch at Appleby's [another favourite] and she came back full of story's about the fun day she had.  Sounds like it was a winner.
  Our golf finished up in pretty good time, so my drive back to AJ was much better. It makes all the difference if I get on the road back a few minutes before 4 pm, especially on the #51 freeway [which is almost always bumper to bumper].  I was only stopped dead a few minutes and once I got on the 202 loop was able to travel at 60 mph plus most of the time, so made good time getting back.  Got back in time for the end of happy hour and Marg was already there, so had my usual one beer and caught up on the latest gossip.
  Shrimps on the bbq for supper tonight and a nice pasta dish Marg whipped up on the stove.  Pretty darn good for a quick supper.  We always have a bit of a rush on Tuesday so we can get to bingo in the rec hall.  Got a bit of luck, I won one game and never had to share [so we were quid's in] and were both had lots of close calls.

2 comments:

  1. just wondering if the Smiths have any news on their travel plans yet .

    ReplyDelete
  2. No news yet.. Still checking options as nothing appears to be direct flights xx

    ReplyDelete