Monday 16 February 2015

Presidents Day

Presidents day here in Az, so a long weekend.  Many parts of Canada it was Family day, well in Manitoba it was Louis Real day.  Funny isn't it, yesterdays traitor, a hero today; I guess that is how the old axiom works - Time is a great healer.
  It was another gorgeous day in AJ.  The sun shone and there was a gentle breeze in the valley.  The guys showed up here on schedule and I went for a bike ride with them.  There were four of us today as we headed out on the usual route.  We rode down to Idaho and swung by the place where the snake was, but it was long gone.  It's hard to say, but it either recovered and went away or some predator came along and had it for lunch.  The roadrunner would be one of the main suspects if it fell victim to a predator.  About half way we split up, with two of us returning to the park and the others taking the long track.  Us short trackers made about 4 1/2 miles, but we felt good about that as we had completed over 8 yesterday.
  When I got back Jerry & I put our trailers on the neighbours driveway.  Carol had offered the use of it as she was going back to Washington a very much appreciated offer.  This location is much better for us to keep an eye on them and it will be handy when we have to load them.  We have been talking about another trip into the desert, hopefully sometime next week, but it will depend on Norm's foot.
  Marg went to water aerobics and said they had a good workout today.  I worked on the fence a bit while she was gone.  We had some extra lattice, so put it on the other side, so it is on both sides now.  I messed with one of the drawers that I am planning on using in the kitchen.  In the end I think I have an idea of how I can modify them to get the 4 drawers I need in here.
  By this time it was happy hour, so you know by now where we went.  Attendance was good today and I had my obligatory one beer.  From there we went to the spaghetti dinner in the rec centre.  It was provided by the tenants association and for $5 we got a salad and a plate of spaghetti, sauce, meatballs, a couple slices of rye bread.  It was very good meal and a great break from cooking.  It's also great for the single people in the park as they get out for a good meal with others and deals with the dilemna of what to cook.
  On the way back one of the residents asked for some assistance.  He is caring for his wife, who is in a hospice situation.  They needed something from Walmart for his ailing wife, so Marg & I drove there to pick up what he needed.  And that was our good deed for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment