Wednesday 14 January 2015

Wednesday

The day started out a bit chilly, but as usually happens it warmed quickly once the sun was out.  By the time I made coffee and got organized, Gerry C was here for our golf game.  Drove out to Apache Sun and there was a good turnout for the game.  The dew was laying heavy on the grass.  The greens and tee boxes were better as they had run the mowers over them, but it was on the fairways to the point the balls had rooster tails when they ran along the grass.  That was only for the first 3 holes and by the 4th hole we were in shirt sleeves.  I started out pretty shaky, but it came together and had a decent game, never lost a ball today.  Now that is a successful day.  The score was better than last week too, so that was a bonus.
  While I was gone, Marg did laundry.  For a change she took the Rhino and that made the numerous trips and heavy load a bit easier for her to deal with.  It was pretty funny, just as I drove up there she was coming up the road in it.  She said the machine is a real attention getter, well for guys anyway.  She had lots of them stopping to check it out.  Something for me to watch out for there, no doubt.
  After lunch she went grocery shopping, while I went to play pool.  Not sure who was the most successful, but I think her as the fridge and cupboards are well stocked now.  She even bought some wine, so it must have been a good deal.  We had lots of laughs in the pool room and wrapped up early as I had some stuff to do.  When I got back she was giving a tour of the Az room, there have been quite a few over to see how it turned out.
  It was turkey soup tonight for supper.  It's really much more than a soup, more filled with pasta and veggies like a stew would be.  Very filling and very well attended, as is every - free to the residents event.  Marg also bought a nice loaf of unsliced bread and I sliced it with my new electric knife.  She also took croissants and deserts to share.  While others brought crackers and bread, she had the best desert selection, so it was very popular.  It was particularly so when she decided not to bring any of the deserts home, rather passed them to the two adjacent tables.  This really went over well and she was probably the most popular gal in the hall.
  After supper I went to play poker and got my usual kicking.  I don't keep track as then it would likely weigh on my mind and I am just playing for fun.  One of the other guys is talking about only playing once a week and that is where I think I am going with it as well.  It seems the two nights a week has the effect of making some of the guys more serious about it, even though it is nickels and dimes.  We had a good group tonight, 10 players so split into two tables of 5, some guys like it, others not so much.  Reminds me of the old song, you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

1 comment: