Friday 30 January 2015

January 30th

It was a rainy day.  At times it simply rained, at other times it was like a downpour.  While it was cool, it was a long way from being cold out.  One of the guys said he had 1 1/2 inches in his rain gauge.  No rain gauge here, I think it's more of a rural thing.
  Speaking of colds, mine is much better thank you, in fact almost gone.  Marg on the other hand is at the worst stage of hers.  Fortunately she had the pneumonia shot a year ago, so I don't think that is a concern, but she sure has a nasty cough.  It sounds much worse than mine ever was.
  After breakfast we went out this AM and down to the awning place again.  It seems I miscounted the number of openings, so had to get more Styrofoam inserts to block out the birds.  Also got a downspout piece.  It was pretty funny, there were about 6 vehicles in the parking lot and every one of them was Canadian.  When I mentioned this to the girl waiting on me she said Oh yes, we love Canadians.  Pretty funny.
  After we stopped at Harbour Freight, well Marg thought it was Big Lots.  I went in to look at power tools, kind of looking for a saw.  Never bought anything, but by the time I found her Marg had a buggy full.  Then it was Walmart where she needed a few things and I needed an airtime card for my telephone.  Also got a light fixture for over the kitchen sink.  It's LED and is a pretty cool light, aside from being very bright.  Bought one for the walk-in closet as well, but it may be returned.  Also bought a new motion sensor light for the carport as the old one does not go out.
  When we got back I installed the over the sink light and I believe Marg is happy with it.  It sure was poorly lit in that area and I was concerned that I may be required to work there in an unsafe condition.  LOL.
  By then it was time to do our prep work for breakfast in the morning.  We met 3 others on our crew over there and got stuff laid out to help things go smoothly if we get large numbers.  Apparently last Saturday they had the largest number yet this winter.  When we came back, another couple came over with us for cocktails and it turns out Pat likes Scotch, so I gave him a dram of Macallan that he had not previously tried.  Turns out his grandfather was from Inverness.  After they left we sliced a bunch of oranges.  We suggested to our crew that we put a slice of orange on peoples plates and they thought it a good idea, so tomorrow we will try it.
  Had supper, a roast chicken and pasta.  It was very good and then we went to the animal races.  While it was lots of fun, Marg had more fun than me as she won 4 races, while I only won 2.  The good news was the elephant won, so that always makes for a fun outcome.  It was a smaller crowd tonight, likely the poor weather is keeping people in.  Several people have commented to us on our grandson, Daniel.  Seems he made quite an impression on people.  In fact one lady had a couple of pictures of him she had printed and gave them to Marg.  They are posted on Marg's fb page.

No comments:

Post a Comment