Tuesday 30 December 2014

Tuesday

Went for a bike ride this AM.  It looked to be chilly this AM, but when I saw the weather on TV for AJ, it was 50F or something like that, so I quickly dressed and jumped on the bike.  I missed the guys as they already left thinking I was not going.  Caught up to them on the way back and ended up with about 5 1/2 miles today.
  After we stopped at Gerry's to look at his patio heater.  It hadn't been working and between the 3 of us, it still wasn't when I left.  I think he may have a solution identified and will be needing it for New Years eve.  Lots of party's planned in the park, we said we would go to one and may well go to a second one.  We'll see who has the best patio heaters - LOL.
  Marg went for a walk and ended up in the bean bag baseball game.  The team had a big win, something knew for them, so now they want her back next week.  She played some of this in prior years enjoyed it, so it may well be a part of her future.  Then she walked with Susan and they stopped to chat up Curtis & Aggie.  In all her walk through the park took 1 1/2 hrs,
  The weather really turned nice as the day wore on.  Lots of people out and about enjoying the day.  After lunch I worked on the Az room.  Got up 2/3 of the ceiling and re-routed an electrical line.  it had to be fished & Jim did that quite handily.  Had Jim & Larry hold the piece up as the liquid nails needed time to set up.  The guys had to leave, so when I had the second piece cut to fit, Jim & his friend held it for me.  After I put up the ceiling light and it looks just fine.  Sure is nice to have light, you know -- let there be light.
  Got done in time for happy and went for the usual one beer.  It was well attended today, I think because of the pleasant weather.  After that it was a quick supper as we had to be ready for bingo.  Just before it started, I got a call from the Trout's saying they were in AJ and looking for some libation, so I stayed behind.  They just got in, apparently had bad roads through Montana and Utah.  Have not seen them for a while, so had a nice visit.  Marg had left by the time they called, so she played bingo.  Close but no big win tonight for her.

1 comment:

  1. Would you have played Bingo had the Trouts not showed up is the burning question? x

    ReplyDelete