Monday 29 December 2014

Monday

Well this is getting repetitive, cool at night.  It did warm up today and people were in short pants, although I am a bit away from that, neither am I in the long johns.    Sitting in the sun on the patio, it was really nice, well it would have been if I had been able to do that.
  Earlier yesterday I noticed one of the ladies a few doors down from here had her daughter staying over and her front tire was flat.  I stopped in and offered to inflate it for her when she was ready to go to a tire shop.  Well that was this AM, so I went over and pumped up the tire.  Then Larry had been having problems with his bike, so I went over and we loaded it in the truck.  Drove him to the bike shop where he left it to get the rear wheel and seat replaced.  I guess they called him a bit later to pick it up, $113 for that.  I think I should go in to bicycle repair.  My final community service project today was to help Jim & Sarada get their fridge.  I took my trailer to pick it up as that was easier than loading it in the truck.  By the time I helped him get the door on, the morning was gone. It's a neat feature of people around here, they are very helpful and everyone is concerned about the welfare of each other.
  After lunch we had to run back to Lowes, it seems there are always bits and pieces to pick up.  Anyway, I finished with the ceiling strapping in the Az room.  Also ran a cord for the motion sensor light.  Had a bit of company and that is what really takes the time.
  Marg had scallop potatoes for dinner in the slow cooker, so was prepared to a quick turn-around.  Then we went for happy and swapped stories with everyone there.  Lots of talk in the park about park models for sale or expected to be and who is considering them.  One comes with an SUV, pretty nice unit as well.  There are seldom units for sale if they are any good and there are two or three expected to come available this winter.
  After supper Marg went to do some laundry.  Mainly it was bedding, some of it new as well as the stuff on our bed.  Always enjoy the first night with fresh sheets, so this note will likely be brief.  I went to play poker.  We had a good crowd and I really got my butt kicked tonight.  As you know, I don't keep a tally, but the bag was definitely lighter at the end of the night.  I reminded them of the exchange rate I am getting on my dollars.  Anyway didn't get a lot of sympathy, well that's not true, I did get a couple of hugs.  LOL
  The Canadian dollar exchange rate is really terrible this year.  Any of you contemplating travel to the U.S. be prepared for sticker shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment