Sunday 9 March 2014

Sunny Sunday

Gorgeous day in the Valley, but hardly got outside to enjoy it.  I think we were around 80F in the sun.
  Went to the unit and put in our day there.  I put the floor leveler down and it is not quite up to the level of the plywood, as I didn't want it to be too high.  Will probably have to add some tomorrow, perhaps an eighth of an inch or so in some places.  Removed all the masking tape and did touch up on any problem areas.  While removing masking tape I managed to break the hall light fixture.
  Marg painted doors and drawers again, everything got a second coat, including the bathroom door.  Then she made lunch and brought it to the unit, where we dined on the patio.  Had a steady stream of visitors today, most seemed impressed with the way painting the paneling is working out, some questioning if we get a day off.  Well one was Gene, he was confirming that I can golf on Tuesday, he has a foursome booked through his nephew who works at the Ping factory in Mesa and that we are still on for golf with the park on Wednesday.
  After lunch I put on all the doors and drawers.  I made a set up to suspend the vertical louvers so Marg could wash them.  She spent the afternoon cleaning them and then it let them dry in the wind.  Got them installed and they really do look much better.  I think we will stay with them for this year anyway, well except the bedroom, I think we will look for replacements in there.  By the time we finished it was too late for happy hour, oh well, I did have a beer with Bud on one of my trips back and forth.  Speaking of which, the park manager said he was going to have to charge Marg for all the wear and tear she is putting on the road walking between the m'home and the park model, it really is quite a hike.
  Supper was a broccoli salad and some tube steak on the bbq.  The way Marg explained it to me was that it would leave more room for desert.  Taking this as my cue, I had a banana split at the ice cream social - very nice.
  Will be a short work week, probably won't get to the laminate until Thursday.  Will need to pick it up tomorrow at Lowes & have an offer from a friend with a truck.

1 comment:

  1. Phil would be excited about your new contact who okra for ping.... Don't work to hard over there x

    ReplyDelete