Saturday 8 March 2014

Saturday March 8th

Started the day off with breakfast at the hall:  bacon, eggs, pancakes.  The breakfast of champions!  Had to answer the question - where's Marg, only 3 times.  My standard answer is that she thinks breakfast is something eaten at 10AM.
  Down to the job site, where I painted finish coat on walls and Marg did the doors and drawer fronts for everything except the kitchen.  We need to figure out what we are going to do with the kitchen, although Marg has the color chosen.  Some kind of green, pretty pale I think.  We'll see as we are looking at options for painting the fronts, doors & drawers.
  Had our usual parade of building inspectors, although there were a few new ones taking the tour.  Howard & Shannon stopped by and he knows lots about this type of trailer and I had a few questions about the bathroom that he was able to answer.  Marg took the opportunity to tell Shannon that she was signed up to the ladies tea on Wednesday, something she has not attended in the past.  I told her it was nice to see Marg pushing others into things, it gives me a break.  LOL
  We got done shortly after lunch, but then started putting some stuff back together.  Tried to clear anything we won't be needing on the floor project out of the place.  Hoping to pick up the floor laminate on Monday, but it will be heavy, so need to talk to people with trucks. Will probably have to do a bit of touch-up on the paint. Had some problems where the masking tape came off as well as a few where the paint didn't cover well enough and need a better coat.
   Stopped in time for happy hour.  It was well attended today.  I learned some new stuff today, that's the reason I attend, to broaden my knowledge base.  Anyway there was a road runner in the park yesterday, it was on top of 2 different rv's.  Now I did not know they can fly, but someone said, well duh - they are a bird you know.  So I said well so is an ostrich & all I have every heard is how fast they can run.  The other thing was that there was a couple of javelina's in the park a few days before.  They can be aggressive and are dangerous if they are.  Might be the answer to Marg's FB question about why the police were in the park.  Kenny was even at happy today and he has been down with a nasty chest rattle, seems to be a bit of that has gone around.  Jim and Beth were there for their last time as they are heading back to New Mexico, I guess hanging out with us was a help to them in dealing with stuff.  I have always thought hanging out with me was therapeutic.  ;>))
   By the time we wrapped it up, it was too late to cook, so supper was Filberto's tonight.  As the name sounds it is Mexican, but the fast food version.  The food is OK and we had coupons in our book for it, so a great deal as well.

1 comment:

  1. I always thought the road runner was just Whyle Coyote's mortal enemy x

    ReplyDelete